Shirts and pants are blurry?

Hi guys!
Just recently I had a shirt made for me and uploaded it fine - I put it on my character and on a “Mannequin” in my game and the shirt looked really blurry.
I thought nothing of it and uploaded another one in another browser - however, this did not fix the problem.
I got 2 other people to try the shirt in their game and in their studio and it was fine for them, so it appeared it was just for me - I also tried it with pants and they are exactly the same!
I posted on the forums and with lots of help from EchoReaper deduced that it might be lack of VRAM and so ROBLOX would be compressing the shirt/reducing the quality - however I have 1.7GB which is plenty and there seems to be no other graphics problems on ROBLOX or any other program.
After some more tests, I found out that it is the same for any shirts/pants and is the same in studio and in-game.
This problem has never happened before!

Here are some shots of the blurry shirts/pants:
BlurryShirt.png

BlurryPants.png
BlurryShirtTwo.png

I am happy to provide more details if needed! :smile:
Thanks!

PS: Big thanks to EchoReaper for all the help in trying to sort out the problem!

9 Likes

Try changing your graphics settings. If you use Intel graphics, it should be something like ‘Texture Quality’.

1 Like

And for NVIDIA drivers, it appears that turning on anti-aliasing fixes the problem.

Sorry for not replying for ages!
I use Intel but could not find Texture quality in the settings anywhere :confused:

@zeuxcg Is this due to low VRAM?

@Rukiryo - I think that should be plenty of VRAM though? :confused:
Thanks for looking into it though :smile:

What are your internet speeds? @Wizzy011 has had this issue because of his internet speeds, so I’m guessing that is what is happening to you.

Can you post a screenshot of Ctrl+Shift+F2 panel?

Sure! Here it is:
I hope this is clear enough - the purple font wasn’t very clear to see :frowning:

If I am near our router I get around 31 mb/s which is not amazing but still pretty decent and should not be compressing it! :smiley:

Yeah, so the texture compositor (bottom line) is in low quality mode with a budget of 10 Mb, which is why character is low resolution. This makes me think that our VRAM detection thinks you have 32 Mb of VRAM…

How do you know you have 1.7 Gb of VRAM? Can you post a screenshot with dxdiag’s Display page? ( https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ )

Hmm - weird!

Here is my dxdiag display. I have 1792 MB which (if I am not being silly!) is 1.7GB??
Thanks for looking into this for me :wink:

So, any more news on this?

Your driver date is 1/10/2014. The latest release for Intel HD Graphics 4000 is 9/19/2015.

Download the Intel Driver Update Utility and run it. Your graphics drivers should show up in the scan; if it does, update and restart your computer. I’m willing to bet this is your problem.

You really need to keep your drivers up-to-date.

Hmm. Yeah, you have a lot of VRAM, but for some reason we misdiagnose this as 32 Mb. Maybe what we get is on-board memory which for integrated cards is not a good metric…

I’ll add this to the list of rendering issues we need to fix.

3 Likes

I suffer from the same problem and I too am using Intel HD Graphics 4000.

By the way, just to make sure we can try to reproduce this - @jjwood1600, @Archaic0 - what operating system are you using?

2 Likes

Windows 8.1 currently!

Windows 10. I’ve had the problem since 7, though. And on multiple computers, albeit each running Intel HD Graphics.

I don’t know who claimed to make you the red waistcoat (if that was one of the ones you requested), but you should probably know that they copied that.

How do I know? I made it.

@zeuxcg? Oh, and any update on the possibility of texture improvements, I eagerly lie in wait :c