The new GUI editor should be changed to default to the usage of scale values for UI elements

At the moment, there’s a bit of room for confusion that i can see in the new GUI editor.

Right now, the UI editor will use scale for position, but absolute pixels for size. This is a notable discrepancy in the value type being used, and I think it should be changed to default to the usage of scale on both position and size. This issue could adversely affect the design of games, and cause confusion in newer devs when their UI suddenly breaks at a different screen resolution.

Albeit a minor change, this is fairly important I believe.

7 Likes

I vouch for this It’s such a pain for developers as we constantly have to switch from offset to scale, it should automatically be set to scaled. I was going to create a post but I saw someone made one before and got no response. It’s a simple change and it will help a ton of developers.

There could even just be an option to switch from scaled to offset but I’m sure most people are now used scaled for compatibility between devices and I feel this should be enforced as on ROBLOX we want to make things for developers easier to give content to the players.

I’m not really good with words, but I hope I got the point across as this would save so much time.

2 Likes