UIGridLayout should automatically adjust the CanvasSize of a scrolling frame to suit it's needs

Okay, UIGridLayout is great, it’s only issue is that is does not change the CanvasSize of a scrolling frame it is a child of to suit the needs of the current grid. I feel like this is a missing feature which takes away from the ease of use the UIGridLayout gives to developers. As there is no way to tell how many elements are per row on a grid (as it can change if your UIs scale) then there is no way to accurately adjust the CanvasSize of the scrolling frame via script to suit the current grid.

6 Likes

Agreed, I thought that if I could just tell it to stick 20 items into a grid it would expand into a scrolling frame with the correct scroll size. It didn’t and so I went back to adding items to a grid manually and expanding the CanvasSize of the ScrollingFrame whenever I made a new row.

Making the UIGridLayout do this would be very useful.

I just finished up a feature which will do this, it’ll be out Soon™.

22 Likes

For future reference this is a client feature.

Easy sorting algorithm:
Does it still work if im ingame and not in studio?
Client
Does it only happen in studio?
Studio

1 Like

Has this not been enabled yet?

I ended up replacing the fix I had before which was specific to scrolling frames, with one that works for all GuiObjects. This new fix is now working through the pipeline. It looks like I can enable it soon, but there are some platforms that aren’t on the most recent version of roblox yet.

3 Likes

Is this enabled yet? I’m having issues with scaling my UI properly with the UIGridLayout in a scrollingframe.

3 Likes

This is the Size From Contents feature. I’ve been working on it for a long time, and have been providing updates in that thread.

2 Likes

Can I have a link to the thread? Can’t find it via search. :confused:

1 Like

I linked it in my reply.

1 Like

My bad, didn’t see that (using a dark theme for the devforums, link text isn’t emboldened unfortunately).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.