What are you working on currently? [2016]

OMG? Game with narrative! YES!

Yep! We’re planning a few major story arcs that will function sort of as rites of passage. There will also be a lot of smaller quests. By a lot, I mean a lot; we’ll just keep adding them until our world is saturated and we’re out of ideas fun enough to be worth adding.

Here’s a little sample of our art direction, too:

1 Like

Can I see the whole house?

Sure! This is our building standards test house, so it’s pretty basic and doesn’t have any furniture yet.

8 Likes

Still a lot to do, but I got this all done tonight :smiley:

This project keeps pleasantly surprising me.

Imgur

15 Likes

The effects look really pretty so far but I’m wondering how many particles are being drawn at once? It doesn’t seem like you can have too many of them on the same screen at once, or is it not that bad?

How are you drawing that circle :open_mouth:

Well I’m taking a short break away from working on zombies, found out the changes to heartbeat does effect me quiet a lot! However putting a simple time check in-between each logic update fixed that problem and now I’m stuck with trying to figure out an overall direction to go with the zombies… So, to make my life less stressful on that I decided to joke around with my scalie friend MyCheeze and ended up seriousily making what I was joking I was going to make, a sharkie.

Obivousily, its not finished and to be honest I’m stuck if I want 3 toes or 4, and the hands, 4 or 5 fingers, webbed or not webbed. And lastely, I never was good at making hands D: but this’ll be a fun learning experience!

1 Like

Are there any plans on shipping this? I have a lot of places where I’d love to use this.

Rotations.

What is it?

When making a suspension system, the most obvious intermediate step is a hovercraft, right?

1 Like

Well, it’s still suspension, just with a different medium. :wink:

@Crazyman32 did this as well a while ago. He made a pretty neat game out of it.

Reminds me of this: https://www.roblox.com/Hovercraft-2-1-item?id=18494054

Just shows how long I’ve been around here…

I played it when it came out and the physics were really unfun. Too much damping and there was little to no lateral motion, only transverse motion. It was inspiring, but unfortunately it was because it was a foil for what it could have been.

This union shattering thing. It was an old hackweek project that I’ve eagerly been waiting for. It breaks up the union into a series of convex hulls not unlike broken glass. Something like this would make destruction a lot more believable and easier to pull off.

OHH I didnt know that was a GIF

I am pondering on re-visiting an old project from mid-2013 (@madattak will know the one). Here is my progress on the early development state.

4 Likes

I don’t have the exact particles used in that gif anymore (I adjusted them live for the gif) but there’s probably at least 1,000 particles on-screen at once there. 2 of those vortexes at once eat ~30 FPS (~15 without emitters in the meta particles), though I haven’t optimized it yet and the effects in the gifs so far have been exaggerated to make it more clear what’s happening.