What are you working on currently? (2017)

Oh I didn’t even notice that. Haha @Dev_Anthony amazing, I love your hidden roblox logo xD

1 Like

…you can’t see anything… do a dark grey background instead of black.

Thats the point of teasers. :wink:

see

Ill obviously post it when its finished though.

oh.
ok.
not a car guy.
ok.

Although I do find it pretty interesting how every car commercial is CGI’d now, and some are even nice enough to upload a breakdown of their commercial (I care less for the commercial / product and more for the breakdowns xD).

But ok cool story, will be meh to me until wireframe and interesting parts. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I went past the limits of # of parts that can animate or replicate. Sadly, the Dirac Belt Trick obstacle will not be possible to pull off.

16 Likes

I made an ability for my game that allows players to walk through walls, and I went all-out with the visual effects for being inside something.

https://i.gyazo.com/48b25cb832cfedbfa98dc6ca51e5d983.mp4

It’s still a little buggy, but I’m very happy with the results so far.

EDIT: It was a bit hard to see so I made the backface slightly transparent + adjusted the particles.

20 Likes

That’s essentially what I’m trying to achieve, but doing it alone is pretty challenging D:

I’ve been thinking about something similar ever since I read the book Sand by Hugh Howey.

Do you think it is possible to do the same visual effects when going inside of smooth terrain?

Working on actual clothing now Shorts/shirts/pants/hats’n’what not.

Uuuuh, not sure. This one turns a part inside-out by giving it a malformed CFrame rotation matrix. You can’t do the same with smooth terrain. There might be other hackier methods to do it, but I don’t know any.

adef55f8e2be4ef9498efa1eb10b94c3fa8e30f7.png
Shades for clothing.

Starting work on a new apocalyptic showcase. This one will have a small story to follow :grinning:

Currently basing new assets around my life being spent in the city this past year

9 Likes

oh you beauty that sign… mmm

My only complaint is that the decal scales on the sign seem off. Otherwise it looks good.

Everything is off in the apocalypse. Muwaha

1 Like

Menu stuff for a side project

10 Likes

02bb29111875df4f114b89924f0bb32f27b83cde.png

Basically a working finite state machine thanks to @Elmuowo helping me out with structuring.

4 Likes

4 years of planes…

To do list:
Regen for airplane mowers (long story)
Text for items in “museum”
Runway and lights
Terrain generation
Boarding stair generation
Spawner
PROFIT

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s not a behavior tree that you’ve built? :wink: I ask only because the code snippet suggests so, and does not show any evidence of a FSM. They are related concepts to be sure, and both manage state, but the implementation is different.

if only it were so simple…

1 Like