What are you working on currently? (2017)

but the real question is:
does it look good enough to …

render?

If you’re looking for textures I don’t have any.

I’m looking for something that gives more visual information about the armor. :c
Guess I’ll wait to see what you do with it?

Working on a Showcase about Japanese culture that hopefully i will finish soon this year.

10 Likes

Thank you for following physics and blueshifting everything around you and compacting the beam to a spotty glow in front of you in the first gif. :heart:

2 Likes

All these people making cool stuff, and i’m just sitting here… redoing the driving system in tankery for the Nth time…

i think i’m getting better handling now tho

6 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself, your stuff looks great

1 Like

Wrote some 3rd-person camera stuff last night but it got messy since it invovled third person animations, relaying recoil/bobble code, and some other stuff so I deleted all of it and decided to do it tonight.

So here it is: I reworked the ragdolls (They used to clone a ragdoll locally, position it at the dead character’s position, then unanchor it. Super inefficient, and meant ragdoll positions weren’t synced across clients or the server). Now I just enable the ragdolls joints on the server, delete the actual Motor joints, and give network ownership of the model to the dead player. As a result Things are working really quickly.

I also made a mini-framework for equipping clothes. There’s currently 1 pair of pants, 5 shirts, 3 backpacks, and 3 helmets. The code randomy picks stuff to equip players with for now, but in the future it’ll only equip when a player wants to equip something.

Here’s a demo of stuff I suppose: (warning, 40+mb gif, click to play)

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have the time/motivation to redo 3rd person stuff.

6 Likes

discusting!!!

17 Likes

comfy looking concrete mattress

3 Likes

I was actually just trying to do this myself but I remembered @EchoReaper actually made R15 ragdolls that work off of contraints. It works almost identically to yours which are nice. :thumbsup:

Not Modern Enough

jk that looks kinda cool for what ur going for

Concrete slabs for beds are the best

1 Like

Been working on full out stats for phantom forces

Comparing sales of uniform cases

4 Likes

Sketchy motel update: Yep, That’s sketchy.

7 Likes

That’s an interesting use of outlines.

I made my own characters and made sure they didn’t have unexpected behaviors as well as kept them performant.

Hey thats enough, if you dont like outlines say it once and not over and over with every possible chance you get to.

2 Likes

I like them in this image though.

1 Like