What are you working on currently? [2016]

I believe the phrase you meant to use is “knocked out.” “Knocked up” means to get someone pregnant.

2 Likes

Thanks; I changed it

That second picture reminds me of a comet’s tail.

Smooth, does that run on an update loop or is it more event based?

Event driven. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided to try it out myself, its super cool once you figure it out.

https://gyazo.com/3b1820686d1a2548e0042624d3bdbbb3

2 Likes

Working on guis…

Don’t really have much planned ui wise yet, but I need something to use for my custom backpack for when I get around to making it work tomorrow. But the healthbar looks cool and works, I think I did a wonderful job copying Left 4 Dead 2’s HUD! (I take no credit for the icons) And yes those green areas are used for creating “safe” zones from where the outside fumes don’t kill ya.

2 Likes

I love doing spotlights with this technique, I wish it didn’t eat up so much in terms of the particle cap though

I use it in a club of mine and I can’t have more then like 4 of them because I have lots of particles everywhere

1 Like

I don’t think you guys fully understand how cool these are:

18 Likes

You must have done them differently. Each emitter has a max of 50 at any one time.

His place is full of emitters tho

I am going to go ahead and say I love this thread. It is a great way to do updates on builds and get feedback without bloating the Cool Creations catagory.

Also,

4 Likes

Since I’m working on my zombie game’s inventory and for the first weapons I’ve decided to go with a flame thrower, I decided to go ahead and just make a whole backyard BBQ while I’m at it.

EDIT: oops forgot to credit @Mistertitanic44 for his tropical foilage.

Can anyone find Hoxton?

5 Likes

I don’t think you understand how many I have

Holy cow that looks awesome

1 Like

New Hexaria Teaser covering NPCs and some animations:

11 Likes

I love those face animations and map is looking great

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing.

The characters snoring w/ animations is awesome. It really makes the place feel alive. The map looks less alive but still awesome.

If I’d change one thing it’d be make the maps more ‘alive’. Animate some moving things, maybe some birds, rotating objects, more green plants, etc…

Nice Ideas!

We already have birds and butterflies built ready to implement. But I don’t know whether we’ll implement them into our cities. The next thing for NPCs is going to be pathfinding, so there will be more NPCs walking around too. All NPCs will have dialog so you can talk to all of them and then you’ve also got the other players walking around the city that you will be able to interact (secret stuff) with.

In that specific map we have massive rune stones that glow and rotate as well as making this cool humming sound.

This is the crappy teaser I did a while back that shows runes for a bit:

Old Olberon Teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C1VH0abxgo
1 Like

Really starting to dig this whole animation thing.

Because your pistol is a sniper, too.

5 Likes