What are you working on currently? [2016]

ROBLOX Ready Lizard-raptor-reptilian head for a hat ![|690x388](upload://zqrAtpAJ5II8dqB6RGn8YWvDaKh.png)

wut i like lizards ok. leaf me b.

Soon-to-be ROBLOX ready advanced S.W.A.T. shield ![|375x500](upload://zDSPadZaRqz9cPEw1Zo7D1gQy7d.png)

Maybe I’ll come up with a new name for Hitman and use these…

Ballistics vest template (Fits 1.0 bodies PERFECTLY btw) ![|690x364](upload://eIkqRf5vXDHHT4SjTU8SdhJtzxa.png)
My attempt to model a car for roblox.. ![|690x373](upload://lhMyJk08CPtVZvtkHvfHFSSPFCB.png) I don't think ill be continuing this, I don't like modeling cars.
Dr. Evil Rat head mesh revamped (2,300 polygons) ![|690x384](upload://x0oxSvqCUTGjU2e2sBR97b9S7xt.png)
3 Likes

Neat stuff. I want to get into some 3D program design as well since Meshes are going to be a thing.

My gun builder is starting on it just now. How easy is Blender?

1 Like

I just recently got into it. It’s not as hard as most people say, but it is fairly difficult. The UI does not like 4k screens.

Last I checked, you can get 3 years use of all the Autodesk programs (3DS Max, Mudbuilder, Maya, etc) for free if you are a student.

I’ve used Blender and 3DS Max, and I found 3DS Max to be easier to use.

lmao you reminded me of the time I was 10 years old and convinced them I was at a university and have been using the programs ever since
idk how I’m even alive right now honestly, considering my antics.

1 Like

Fairly easy when you know the cheat codes to Blender, and maybe watched about 1/2 of these tutorials. And have a decent understanding of how modifiers work.

EDIT: Oh cool, blender has a union feature :o

5 Likes

Intersection would save so much time…

Yeah I wish I knew that a few months ago… I wonder if there’s any shadowbox cutout addons…

My friend is going to start using blender. Any tips?

Every thing you need to know about blender, how to use it, tips, cheats, life hacks, can all be found here.

2 Likes

new thruster effects

particles get… difficult when you’re working on a scale where 1 stud = 4 meters…

4 Likes

They look great though.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be 4 studs = 1 meter? Or did you scale down?

1 Like

actually, my normal scale is 1 meter = 5 studs, but for the sake of having large areas to work with w/o the old “i went to far, now it’s buggy” glitches, i scaled it down by a factor of 20, causing 1 stud to equal 4 meters.

so now, instead of only being able to work with 25 square kilometers of space, i can do up to 6400, allowing me to have much more… stuff to do.

http://puu.sh/oMpzi/63c4072b36.webm

Still some issues with feet placement. I think the editor might be losing random poses…

4 Likes
1 Like

More optimizations (60fps and strong :smiley: ) as well as the new (and now animated) AKM from VordonZon. Tomorrow I work on bug fixes and rotating the wrists. Pictures taken in 1440p so you can click+zoom for all the details :slight_smile:

9 Likes

http://puu.sh/oMssn/c28b7a3177.webm

Had some fun with effects. Back to real work now!

7 Likes

Final update on motorcycle, stuck on it because I can’t find any good reference photos for the inner workings of the bike to get a good idea of how I need to model everything…

#2 Hour model and texture of Dreg the Chill Dragon.
######(He needs a real name)

And if you want to texture the dragon yourself, here's the template. ![|500x500](upload://rVxjIwyqCvVEDnHWwUahlrmtP4N.png) ![|500x500](upload://9WUFhiQzeOWAFLJwo4o0HCDnESS.png) For a bit more help.. here's my solid color so you know what goes where.. ![|500x500](upload://qe0L1WFYsLoPVR692kTIZkWERIY.png)

If you happen to make a retexture of the dragon, send me a PM with the image and I’ll add it to my upload list when meshes are out.

1 Like

You need to work on your uv mapping more