Why are you enabling and then disabling 2SV?

I see in the database that a majority of the members of this forum have enabled the new 2SV feature. That’s great!

And then I see a bunch of you have disabled it after enabling it. What is up with that?

1 Like

Probably has something to do with studio being very funky with it in certain cases.

I enabled, then disabled it , then re enabled it because I thought it wasn’t working (I thought I would get the email as soon as I enabled it). I feel like a lot of other people have done the same thing.

4 Likes

I am sure a lot of people did the same thing you did. The people I’m asking about in this thread have the feature currently off right now. They are hackable! :scream:

3 Likes

Maybe they found it annoying, got in the way for them when they wanted to use another device. Or maybe their parents own the email and they wanna get past all that talk-to-your-parent-stuff. Idk just speculation.

Go hake me!

May sound silly, but this was my way of acting:

• Enable, because 2FA is cool (and I actually use it very often)
  • Get barely any interaction feedback from the website
  • Thoughts pop in that the system is still in a very prototype stage and fragile, thus I do not trust it to work properly
  • Disable 2FA just to be safe (heh) and observe reactions of others and see how issues of the system develop

Obviously the posts that claim e-mails do not always arrive do not help in making me quickly re-enable it.

I do obviously intend to re-enable it somewhat soonish, but I still have the feeling the thing is super fragile (and that’s no proof, just a feeling based on the website feedback + posts).

I have to say I felt the same way for a second after I turned it on, even though I’ve been keeping up with that 2SV thread the entire way and know how long it’s been in development (and I convinced myself with that fact quickly).

I guess people naturally expect it to have startup issues? (which is kind of warranted if you look at the Studio thing, but it’s not a major issue)

This definitely plays a role too for me. Polishing the UX does significantly reduce the negative expectations for me, though.

A lot of people on All Things Roblox thought they would get an email after enabling it so they assumed it didn’t work and I guess disabled it.

It wasn’t remembering me for 30 seconds, let alone 30 days. I don’t keep cookies, so I don’t want to check my email every time I want to log in.

1 Like

I heard there were some issues with Studio and just in general with the mail taking a long time so I decided to wait a bit longer to activate it. (And I just don’t want to “loose” more time in Studio than the sometimes buggy TC already does :frowning:)

I still have it. Yet it took a considerably long time for the emails to come in through studio.

It needs more info, like “you need to log out and try to log in again, to get the e-mail”.
It doesn’t say you need to log out to get the e-mail.

The 30 day restriction is an issue. Steam authorizes a device forever and provides a list of authorized devices that can be edited. Authorized devices can be deleted when no longer desired. I really like that model.

4 Likes

I would prefer text message authorization. It’s easier to get into my email than it is to get into my text messages.

3 Likes

Or an option to do either or both. Sometimes I find it easier to use my phone, sometimes its easier to use email.

So, turns out there’s a bug with “Trust this device for 30 days”. At first we thought it was only in Studio, but it’s everywhere. We are hoping to push out the fix for that bug this week.

5 Likes

The “Trust this device for 30 days” bug is fixed. Please re-enable 2SV if you turned it off due to this bug.

3 Likes

because I have no fear of someone stealing my account if I had a front page game I would enable it.

That’s not a good reason to give up on extra account security :frowning:

If anything you have a developer forum account attached to your ROBLOX account, that should be enough reason to enable it.