«ActivateCameraController did not select a module» warn message

Hello!

I have been having this problem recently:

First off I wanna say that:
Yes my CameraType is Scriptable
CameraSubject changes

When I encountered this issue I was confused since I didn’t modify any scripts relating to cameras.
This issue came out of nowhere.

Does anyone know what to do to fix it? Should we

:Destroy() The module script or
Is there anything else to do to fix this issue.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one having this problem since this came out of nowhere.

I mean this is pretty much a common bug

A simple work-around would be is just to add a simple wait() before you change your camera properties, my guess is cause the camera is still loading which is why it’s resulting in that error

2 Likes

I’ll try that and come back with an answer.

did you manage to fix this issue with the wait?

Not really, that’s weird I maybe did something wrong. Maybe bc there’s scripts that change the CameraType to Attach.

An update. I still have that issue, which is dropping frames for my game sometimes. I’ll share the code soon. @Nogalo @Jackscarlett. Should I just add wait() itself without adding anything else or make it wait for something. I’ll share the « start up » code (just setting the CameraSubject to the first part for the beggining).

I’ll try also to add wait for when we change CameraSubjects.

I resolved my issue by not making the camera scriptable. Just left it at custom and it works fine because the character is not spawned yet. I have a loading screen when you enter which spins the camera around 1 point in the middle and i thought i needed to make it scriptable to make spin but nope works fine without it.

That won’t fit much in my game (A FNAF fan game)

Overall this bug is very annoying.

Make this:

repeat 
  wait()
  Camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
until Camera.CameraType == Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

Hope it helped