☢️ Nuclear | A basic module loader

:radioactive: Nuclear

:floppy_disk: Github | :page_facing_up: Documentation | :arrow_down: Download

Frameworks. Better.

Nuclear is a framework which is aimed towards new programmers who
want to expand their knowledge yet get confused by other things like
Knit.

Nuclear at it’s core is a bootstrapper, everything else can be removed or added.

We like our customisability at Nuclear. You can remove and add anything you
want, you can customise where your code is loaded. Boilerplate-free.

:beetle: Bug Reports

Report bugs as a Github Issue!

:page_facing_up: License

Nuclear uses the MIT License. Use it free of charge!

:link: Links

:floppy_disk: Github | :page_facing_up: Documentation | :arrow_down: Download

8 Likes

You should have put it in a .rbxm file, not a .rbxl. I now have to open a new place just to view the module.

I’d advise developers that are not using Rojo (especially new developers), to stay away from frameworks. They prevent intellisense from working, and you have to write boilerplate code in every single module: they’re just not worth the burden. Instead new developers should use plain module scripts, that’ll be better in the long run.

13 Likes

This is just a Module Loader… the modules that are installed in Nuclear currently can just be single handedly used in game without this loader. So I guess what I am trying to say is why use this?

5 Likes

This could be something useful if it had some batteries in it, if you get me, (Features it has by default), the main reason people choose Knit and other frameworks is because they have some things integrated by default which makes some stuff easier, this lacks that

2 Likes

I’d advise developers that are not using Rojo to use Rojo.

2 Likes

At the moment, this is still up for debate, and there isn’t a definitive answer on whether Rojo is objective better for everyone, or not. But the general advise is to use what you’re more familiar with. New developers who haven’t programmed in another language would be better off using Roblox Studio over Rojo.

And even in Rojo, frameworks like Knit is not recommended by the creator of Knit, because you lose out on intellisense (and other reasons too mentioned in the article), unlike just using a Module Loader. Unless you have a workaround, just use a simple module loader, or just modules

3 Likes

Update 1.0.0

Changes:

• Removed Packages
  • Updated to be branded more as a bootstrapper / module loader
  • Updated documentation
  • Updated Github.
  • Version change to 1.0.0
2 Likes

Agreed, 50 lines of source code and just accomplishes one task you can do on your own

4 Likes

would not recommend using this ‘framework’ (if you can call it that)

this essentially looks like a worse version of Loader by @sleitnick. you’d be better off using that to write yourself an actual framework

2 Likes

was reading through documentation and noticed

1 Like

This seems cool and all but from reading this Im not sure what it exactly does

1 Like

So I think I got what it does now

Its basically like wallys in game loader but simpler

1 Like

pretty useless lines of code because you can do that on your own in less than a minute.
and why do you even call that “a framework”?

3 Likes

100% agreed. It was more of a joke than anything.

Haven’t read that in a while, lol. The intellisense is actually half fixed by using VSCode plugins but I know what you’re saying.

2 Likes

this is just sad lol, by just seeing the docs i can tell its a modue loader

1 Like