❆ Freeze Module - Make a Cool Frozen Effect ❅

Important bug fix!
Make sure you get the current version from this post or the marketplace model (Updated)

• Fixed the bug that would let players continue moving if they were holding a tool/gear
  • New setting for disabling tool/gear scripts (Not recommended so it’s false by default)

Also, thank you all so much for the support! :D

Update: Added a limit for the CharacterSize calculation so that it cannot crash the game in case the character is too massive or its body parts fling off

It seems that the effect can somehow crash you if it’s too big
I’ve changed the max size from 100 to 20 (Yes once again)

if CharacterSize >= 20 then
	CharacterSize = 20
end

Changed “Part” on line 173 to “BasePart”
I did not think about rigs that use WedgePart & Sphere parts, also just learned this recently

for _, v in ipairs(Target:GetDescendants()) do
			-- If we find a part, cover it in a randomized ice mesh
			if v:IsA("BasePart") and not v:FindFirstChildOfClass("SpecialMesh") then

IsA("Part") --> IsA("BasePart")

Now also freezes the animation of a rig without Humanoid object by checking their AnimationController

elseif Target:FindFirstChildOfClass("AnimationController") then
			local AnimationController = Target:FindFirstChildOfClass("AnimationController")
			local Animator = AnimationController:WaitForChild("Animator", 10)

for i, v in pairs(Animator:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
				v:AdjustSpeed(0)
				v:Stop()
			end

task.wait(Duration)	
			-- Continue playing the animation
			for i, v in pairs(Animator:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
				v:AdjustSpeed(1)
			end
		end

Before:

After:

Huge update!
Since someone asked me, I spent quite a while to make this, introducing…
The secondary, modified version that comes with an UNFREEZE function (No duration)

• Separate Freeze & Unfreeze functions, so there’s no duration in this version
  • Targets’ Walkspeed & JumpPower are stored in a weak table (No worries they don’t overlap each other) and then set back to the stored WS & JP when you call the unfreeze function on the same targets

Make sure to check the new examples (Parented inside the modified module) if you don’t know how to use!

Frozen:
The mech has no Humanoid, just an AnimationController, works perfectly

Unfrozen:
Walkspeed & JumpPower were randomly assigned before running, and they went back to the original values without any issues!

Note: This modified version has nothing to do with the first version. Both are up-to-date without issues from my play testing. The choice is yours, feel free to modify them to your liking

1 Like

I’m well impressed at how well-made this is.

But you should at least make it readable, like this:

Compared to this:

And add sections:

Ngl, for a modeler, you earned my respect. I can’t be bothered reading the entire ModuleScript but the first few blocks of code impressed me a lot.

1 Like

I see, will try to make it more readable soon
Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Hi,

I am trying the new version and it jacks up my pants after being frozem

Looks like they are somehow twisted…

How they look normally

It does not happen every time but is repeatable to see the issue

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for reporting
It seems like Roblox layered clothing is quite weird so after doing some testing for an hour, I decided to exclude them from the freezable parts and added an extra setting

They will always be buggy while being frozen if an extra part is added to the character
But they return to normal after being unfrozen so I think that shouldn’t be a problem
Who needs to freeze clothes anyways?

(Yes I used your character and also wore some layered clothes)

Update:

• Added the function that store the character’s old Walkspeed & JumpPower values in a weak table to set back later (From the modified version)
  • Also added an extra settings to let you change freezable parts (TrussPart, WedgePart, etc…)
  • Fixed ice cubes being very big due to the “Part to BasePart” from the previous update. Now meshes shouldn’t look like a cube anymore

Removed amogus

Added giga mech

1 Like

Cool, thanks for checking it out! Is there collision turned on on the ice parts? could that be wacking it out?
I’ll also check out the latest version.

1 Like

Nope, and there is also a setting for it
I think the new type of accessories just change their shape depending on the parent

Ngl I was a bit skeptical about it adapting to any kind of rig so I just tested it and it actually works extremely well to my surprise, since I’m working on a kind of UT/DR game I will use it, its a pretty good module ngl, good job mate!

Incase you might wanna know what I used it for, here it is lol

External Media
1 Like

Thanks for using it and sharing your experience!
About the “All type of rigs” part in this post, I just put this there in case people wonder if it works in their game, I’m really excited to see more games use it instead of a boring ice cube when frozen lol

1 Like

Hey, while I don’t use this module specifically and have my own, I just like to say that I really like what you did with it. How it works with ragdolls and everything because of the weld constraints, good job man!

1 Like

Heya buddy, after multiple test of your module and with a 30+ active players game for testing and benchmarking i see when freezing people it make a high fps drop spikes and unfreeze aswell :+1:, if you can fix it, it would be awesome otherwise i’ll just fix it in my free time :smiley:

1 Like

what do you think is causing it? so perhaps that will help them debug it

1 Like

Hm to be honest idk actually probably vfx but without them it same issues so :thinking:

1 Like

Probably how you check character and all yours for i, v in ?

1 Like

I’ll make a fixed version and give you it so you can give to people

1 Like