❆ Freeze Module - Make a Cool Frozen Effect ❅

Hi
Thanks for reporting
It seems like Roblox layered clothing is quite weird so after doing some testing for an hour, I decided to exclude them from the freezable parts and added an extra setting

They will always be buggy while being frozen if an extra part is added to the character
But they return to normal after being unfrozen so I think that shouldn’t be a problem
Who needs to freeze clothes anyways?

(Yes I used your character and also wore some layered clothes)

Update:

• Added the function that store the character’s old Walkspeed & JumpPower values in a weak table to set back later (From the modified version)
  • Also added an extra settings to let you change freezable parts (TrussPart, WedgePart, etc…)
  • Fixed ice cubes being very big due to the “Part to BasePart” from the previous update. Now meshes shouldn’t look like a cube anymore

Removed amogus

Added giga mech

1 Like

Cool, thanks for checking it out! Is there collision turned on on the ice parts? could that be wacking it out?
I’ll also check out the latest version.

1 Like

Nope, and there is also a setting for it
I think the new type of accessories just change their shape depending on the parent

Ngl I was a bit skeptical about it adapting to any kind of rig so I just tested it and it actually works extremely well to my surprise, since I’m working on a kind of UT/DR game I will use it, its a pretty good module ngl, good job mate!

Incase you might wanna know what I used it for, here it is lol

External Media
1 Like

Thanks for using it and sharing your experience!
About the “All type of rigs” part in this post, I just put this there in case people wonder if it works in their game, I’m really excited to see more games use it instead of a boring ice cube when frozen lol

1 Like

Hey, while I don’t use this module specifically and have my own, I just like to say that I really like what you did with it. How it works with ragdolls and everything because of the weld constraints, good job man!

1 Like

Heya buddy, after multiple test of your module and with a 30+ active players game for testing and benchmarking i see when freezing people it make a high fps drop spikes and unfreeze aswell :+1:, if you can fix it, it would be awesome otherwise i’ll just fix it in my free time :smiley:

1 Like

what do you think is causing it? so perhaps that will help them debug it

1 Like

Hm to be honest idk actually probably vfx but without them it same issues so :thinking:

1 Like

Probably how you check character and all yours for i, v in ?

1 Like

I’ll make a fixed version and give you it so you can give to people

1 Like

:link: Modified Module Link: Freeze Module - Optimized and Enhanced Version

Here’s what’s new:

• :movie_camera: Freezes animations at the current frame with an integrated debounce timer for seamless unfreezing.
  • :gear: Removed IceBlocks to improve performance (tested with multiple players).
  • :memo: Comprehensive documentation for effortless integration and customization.
  • :robot: Compatible across players, NPCs, and various rig types (R6 & R15).

I’ve also introduced additional features such as examples using ProximityPrompt and ClickDetector.

This version ensures smoother performance and reduced lag (fps) compared to the original module. Feel free to choose the version that best suits your needs. I’ve meticulously redesigned all functions to enhance usability and functionality.

2 Likes

That’s amazing, thanks for the revamped version!
I think I’ll mention it in the post as well

1 Like

Not gonna lie I put so much detailed explanation that even someone completely new to scripting could learn at least some basic things from this and use it normally

1 Like

Yeah i did the same if someone really need to understand so it’s explaned everywhere and what it does

1 Like

Nice job
I saw that you also “doubled the examples and gave them to the next person” lol

1 Like

What you mean by that “and gave them to the next person” lol?

That kind of meme trend where the person in a video doubles the amount and gives it to someone else
I meant for anybody who comes across this module and uses your version
Perhaps I’m saying it in a confusing way

1 Like

Oh okay okay well for me it’s time to go sleep so Have a great day/night :slight_smile:

1 Like