+17 rated games and alcohol reference (got moderated)

Hello there!

Two assets were recently moderated: a bottle (or something resembling a bottle) of Vodka (the mesh without textures), and its corresponding colormap texture.

It seems that some experiences on Roblox feature meshes resembling alcohol bottles, such as in On Tap… Is this a moderation issue, or does it closely resemble Vodka? If so, why was the mesh & texture moderated?

Once again, I find it difficult to comprehend their moderation system. I appealed the moderation decision, but it yielded no results; the content remains deleted. I simply don’t understand what steps to take if I can’t even depict it in my experience. There is no mention of alcohol on the bottle.

Regards,

How long has it been since the appeal was made?

It took a few seconds… I just don’t understand why. I might actually go through the good old appeal system… I got it from there ;

How is it that Roblox wouldn’t allow a bottle with “Russian” written on it, yet they permit bottles (meshes & textures) that resemble Jack Daniel’s and other iconic alcohols in games like ‘On Tap!’? I just don’t understand. These game was even showcased at the previous RDC!!

image|690x229

The old appeals might work better, no idea. Sadly, Roblox is leaving little explanation as there is not a moderation note in response to the appeal rejection. I’m not even sure if that is a possibility for moderators to do.

Maybe blur the texture heavily and then try to upload it. That is a risk though. Since you don’t know what to change about it specifically, who’s to say Roblox won’t moderate the item for the same reason?

Annoying situation for sure. And, for this situation (moderation), I can’t think of anyone to @. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, nothing new here. I don’t even know what I was expecting in that case, the support team doesn’t know and won’t know. It seems like they don’t have much more to tell you than a bot, which is quite concerning about how they handle their moderation. I’m not saying that there is bias here, but I don’t understand how a game was able to represent Jack Daniel’s bottles, but a bottle that does look like a water bottle get striked by roblox (i’m talking here about the mesh, not the texture). If anyone knows what’s wrong, I would be very pleased to know… Otherwise, I’ll wait for roblox to bring support for +17 rated assets (protected and not visible from the non +17 playerbase).

1 Like

Another update to this post ;
Taken from here,

Create Experiences for People 17 and Older on Roblox - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

So their moderation isn’t clearly justified if I do understand how they made their guidelines. My bottle isn’t explicitly labeled as alcohol. Any idea of how to deal with that moderation issue again ?