[2.0] WCS - A combat system framework

I’m working on a seperate package for replicating VFX :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Hopefully going to finish it soon!

4 Likes

yeah I saw that last night on your github. I was like, what’s bro cooking?

1 Like

Hell yeah!

Can’t wait more for you to release this one!!, what is wAD cooking?!!

By the way, how could i add default functions included in all characters?, like sprinting , let’s say i need sprinting for all, how would do it?, to apply it to all characters, not individually (ofcourse if there’s no way of doing that, can you provide me a example of where i could set that “sprint” function?)

You can’t modify default functions of wcs character wrap. I would make “sprinting” a status effect. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I tried to read the documentation again and this appears? Can you fix your documentation API please?

my bad, the new link is WCS - Combat System Framework | WCS

1 Like

how could i add things like custom music for character or just simply modifying Guis, or how i could access the client on a skill?, like
should i use OnConstructClient or OnConstructServer?

I have a folder called “Misc” on replicatedstorage

• Misc
    — SprintModule
    — CustomMusic

And also, another question, should i just do RegisterDirectory(directory) On a folder that contains another folder that contains modules ?, or i need to register the directory of that specific subfolder?

Sorry If I’m Asking too much :sweat_smile: , I am much kinda new to these things, Anyways, Awesome module

1 Like

how could i add things like custom music for character or just simply modifying Guis

As usual. WCS has nothing to do with GUI’s or Music. It covers structure of your combat system, not your game. Information for GUIs can be retrieved using exposed apis.

And also, another question, should i just do RegisterDirectory(directory) On a folder that contains another folder that contains modules ?, or i need to register the directory of that specific subfolder?

You can do RegisterDirectory(directory) on a folder that has another folder.
Internally all it does is just requires all modulescripts descendants for WCS to add skills into internal tables

1 Like

alright thank u so much!, a suggestion, you should add a method to get the time left on a cooldown to be used again

1 Like

and a custom inventory hotbar showing it would be killer 2.0!

:sparkles:Refx

2 Likes

Sorry for bothering you again, but I was wondering how you would do a damage buff status effect. I vaguely understand the :HandleDamage() function, just I don’t really get how you would handle outgoing damage rather than incoming.

you can’t edit outgoing damage, handle this inside a status effect of your enemy to increase incoming damage

1 Like

Just sharing a bit of my progress with the framework:

This uses both WCS and refx btw.

5 Likes

Are you using another framework to organize your scripts and localscripts?, if so, can you tell me which one?, and how did you make the cooldown time left visual thingy? would help me a lot

Also, that looks sick as hell, keep it up

1 Like

Firstly, no I’m not using any framework for organization, I just have a lot of folders in replicated storage properly labeled:

And since the framework lets you handle most things within the constructors, I don’t have that many local scripts in the first place.

And the cooldown timer on the buttons is pretty simple, just a while loop that does task.wait(1) every second and changes the text label to fit the current time.

1 Like

Okay, thank you, one last question, are you using your own hitbox? or using the damageContainer function from the api?

The damageContainer function has nothing to do with actual hitboxes, its just a way to handle damage with the framework. So no, I’m using my own hitboxes

1 Like

This looks fire :fire: Keep up the work!

1 Like