Roblox client failing to start

Hi,

My Roblox client crashes immediately on startup. Studio works fine, as does the Microsoft Store app. This issue has been happening for about a day now. I have tried all of the suggested fixes in the “Hyperion Related Solutions” post, including a clean boot, and a complete reinstallation of Roblox. In Event Viewer, the error code shown is usually “0xc0000005” but occasionally “0x80000004”, and appears before the “Starting Roblox” screen closes. Occasionally, the app will start as a background process, but will always crash in less than a minute.

These are my specs and OS information:

Device name Astra
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700H 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎02/09‎/2023
OS build 25941.1000
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.25941.1000.0

Please note the timestamps on my device are using a DD/MM/YYYY format.
I have attached a link to a ZIP file, containing two dumps both created at the same time, from one attempt to launch Roblox. If you need any more information, please let me know. I have had difficulties in getting logs for anything other than the launcher, since the client seems to be crashing so soon that it doesn’t generate any.

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

Thank you!

7 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database, and we’ll follow up when we have an update!

Thanks for the report!

yes this usually happens on windows 11 23H2 preview

I suggest downgrading to windows 10

I use windows 11 22h2 so i dont know you might also fix this by downgrading to windows 11 22h2

2 Likes

As @Bakonowychlopak123 suggests, please use a non-insider version of Windows. Insider builds are not production releases of Windows and can cause issues with other software for a variety of reasons.

3 Likes

I’ve marked this as the solution since I’m not having issues on my other device, which is slightly behind on the Insider releases. I’m suspecting this is an issue with the latest Insider Canary update(s), since another bug report thread about a similar issue seems to corroborate this.

I am aware of the problems non-production releases can create, but it wasn’t my first thought, given that I’d never had any issues running Roblox in the past on these releases, and I’ve been in the Insider program for over a year.

It’d still be good to get some kind of solution for this current build since at this point I’d need to reinstall my whole OS to go to non-Insider. However, @Bakonowychlopak123’s advice is probably the most permanent way to fix these sorts of problems - Insider builds are pretty much just asking for issues in one way or another, haha.

2 Likes

i have a problem with the microsoft store version and legacy web player version because when there is a update the player only opens up for 3 seconds before saying “roblox has crashed” and the store version just crashes when i open it 5 minutes after pc boot but if i open it when i first started the pc it runs fine studio also runs fine too

1 Like

It appears like this is just a temporary issue with Hyperion, Microsoft does note that a few games don’t work as seen on their blog Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25951 (Canary Channel) | Windows Insider Blog.

A current workaround is to use an older version of the Microsoft Store version of Roblox, which still works (Version 592) as it doesn’t have Hyperion and doesn’t have issues with Canary as a result.

Odd thing is, even after the Hyperion update, the UWP/Microsoft store client still works fine. I’m not sure why, honestly, but honestly, can’t complain. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh that’s really odd and something that doesn’t work for me, could be something to do with me being on a newer build or a separate issue along with this one I suppose

hmmm weird that the client only works when my pc wasnt put in standby or if it was powered up recently if i open the client 5 minutes later on pc boot it will just crash and run in the background…

UWP is sandboxed thats probably why

and bitdancer said that its not fully released yet

they are a/b testing then they gonna globally release hyperion on UWP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.