3D Layered Clothing is Now Available!

I have been testing layered Clothing and I notice that everything stacks depending on the order you use:

Humanoid:AddAccessory(Item)

meaning that if I do the following:

Humanoid:AddAccessory(Jacket)
Humanoid:AddAccessory(TShirt)

The T-Shirt ends up on top of the Jacket(covering it up) even if I set the AccessoryType to each Accessories, I was wondering if there is any function to make sure to equip depending on what type of Item it is with out having to worry about the order I call the AddAccessory() function.

2 Likes

when these pants ever release? (does not include the pants that are already onsale)

3 Likes

A few of those are event items. But I think the others are tests

1 Like

it also not includes event items

Soā€¦ Iā€™m, trying to place layered clothing onto an NPC, however, the clothing is being weirdā€¦

Here is my code:

["LayeredClothing"] = {
		{
			["AccessoryType"] = Enum.AccessoryType.Jacket,
			["AssetId"] = 9120037870,
			["Order"] = DefaultLayeredClothingOrder[Enum.AccessoryType.Jacket]
		},
	}
if info.LayeredClothing then
		for _,Clothing in pairs(info.LayeredClothing) do
			table.insert(newmannequin.buyables, Clothing.AssetId)
		end
		HumanoidDescription:SetAccessories(info.LayeredClothing, false)
	end
	newmannequin.HumanoidDescription = HumanoidDescription
	rig.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(HumanoidDescription)

Any ideas? Also, when I try anything but this one Jacket, it just doesnā€™t loadā€¦

3 Likes

Here is the response from the script when I call info.LayeredClothing for reference

2 Likes

Is the NPC an R6 model? I donā€™t believe we support layered clothing for R6 models.

1 Like

Looking at the model, it looks like R15. Layered clothing seems to not work very well on non-players/custom characters.

1 Like

It is an R15 Model, just no animations were given or anything (was wanted to look upright)

2 Likes

ā€¦So will layered clothing support R6 in the future later on or not?

Because thereā€™s not really a confirmed answer if itā€™ll happen, so it would be exciting to hear if it was in the works.

I think it would be possible if a blocky avatar template was provided to UGC creators as an option instead of the sole human-like template people are forced to use now.

1 Like

i think others have mentioned this, but the addition of layered clothing brings up an issue. We need a base character for the website avatar editor that we can build off of, that doesnā€™t already have clothing on. Like human just with undergarments on that can be fully customized with layered clothing, hair, accessories, ect.

3 Likes

They already have thatā€¦

1 Like

No, like to make an avatar with in the avatar editor. Iā€™ll update my post to make that clearer, sorry.

1 Like

I meant items that you need to redeem or smth

How is the invisibility of the Character Limbs predicted? Im having trouble with making Pants and having the upperlegs clipping through the mesh. Any way i can guarantee that the clothing will turn the legs invisible?

note: the pants are invisible.

2 Likes

Wish it was a little harder in studio!

None of the plugins you shared are working.

3 Likes

It works, just recreate the character. Old characters wonā€™t have skin targets.

3 Likes

I disabled this and with the size changing mechanics my game has its still active I noticed. When I get smaller it looks like this

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.