[3D Modeler / Builder Needed!] Legend of Roblox RPG

General Info: (TL;DR Section)

Here are some images of the game.

What this about?

Im looking for a partner to take on work on a 3rd person Fantasy RPG; Ideally just 1 person. A group of people or separate individuals may also apply. Please see the Payment section for information in this case.

What does payment look like?

THIS IS % BASED, But please I implore anyone inquiring to look at the product before hand and make a dutiful decision after properly weighing the value of this product in the long haul v.s. its value commission wise… Thank you!

Whats the basic pitch?

This is a 3rd person Fantasy RPG Game set in Roblox-lore. There are intended to be 100+ NPC Citizens between 6 major areas on 1 island, there are (as of right now) about 13 Billion Character customization options (Race, Mouth, Eyes, Glasses, Beard, Skintone, Masks, Hair, and more…)

The intent is truly to have what can be considered the most content-rich experience for a RPG on Roblox to date. Dozens of quests, hundreds of NPCs/mobs, a rich audio experience, and a fufilling combat experience. A full breakdown of design, gameplay, and business model can be given via Discord or somewhere else that’s appropriate.

So where do you currently stand?

Right now the game is in a pretty good spot for solo dev. The entire game-world is realized and explorable, aside from boss rooms. Currently at 12,500 LOC; which make up a weather system, the character customization, custom pathfinding services, player and animation classes, a full inventory and audio manager, and network utilities for managing a safe and secure game, along with a slew of other custom services to aid gameplay.
Design wise- the game has a full and simplified outline; and the game design in essentially finalized through Alpha testing.

Lets start:

About Us

The team is grouped under Team Earthsea

What this about?

Im looking for a partner to take on work on a 3rd person Fantasy RPG; Ideally just 1 person. A group of people or separate individuals may also apply. Please see the Payment section for information in this case.

The Team
@HowIt_Do - Project Lead (Scripting, UI, Current Builder and game designer.)
@CouldBeYou! - Partner (aka… the Main Builder.)
@CouldBeYou! - Mobs Builder/Modeler
@CouldBeYou! - Environment Builder/Modeler
@CouldBeYou! - Weapons & Armor Builder/Modeler

About The Job + Payment

What does payment look like?

THIS IS % BASED, But please I implore anyone inquiring to look at the product before hand and make a dutiful decision after properly weighing the value of this product in the long haul v.s. its value commission wise… Thank you!

I’m ideally looking for someone who can ‘do it all’ in the building space. That’s a lofty request, and not taken lightly. So a straight 50% cut goes to such an individual. However if you can only do a certain facet of building that applies here payment goes the way of how much responsibility is assumed. If you have a friend(s) who’d like to assume some of the responsibility, it is up to you to budget onto them from the share you assume

• Mobs/Animations (15%): Working to model/build & animate mobs (aka Enemies and Bosses), animations include the player animations.
  • Weapons/Armor (20%): Working to model/build armors for R15 and weapons suited for R15.
  • Environment Builder (15%): There is already a fully realized map. It was always planned to rebuild and refine before coming out of beta.
  • Main Builder (50%): All of the above. I’m only looking for one partner- however if you and a friend think between yourselves you can fulfill all these needs, we can do a group interview anyways.

Any Goodies?

Whats the basic pitch?

This is a 3rd person Fantasy RPG Game set in Roblox-lore. There are intended to be 100+ NPC Citizens between 6 major areas on 1 island, there are (as of right now) about 13 Billion Character customization options (Race, Mouth, Eyes, Glasses, Beard, Skintone, Masks, Hair, and more…)

The intent is truly to have what can be considered the most content-rich experience for a RPG on Roblox to date. Dozens of quests, hundreds of NPCs/mobs, a rich audio experience, and a fufilling combat experience. A full breakdown of design, gameplay, and business model can be given via Discord or somewhere else that’s appropriate.

Here are some images of the game.

So where do you currently stand?

Right now the game is in a pretty good spot for solo dev. The entire game-world is realized and explorable, aside from boss rooms. Currently at 12,500 LOC; which make up a weather system, the character customization, custom pathfinding services, player and animation classes, a full inventory and audio manager, and network utilities for managing a safe and secure game, along with a slew of other custom services to aid gameplay.
Design wise- the game has a full and simplified outline; and the game design in essentially finalized through Alpha testing.

Availability

I’m human and work in the real world too. I have a job, and a relationship to maintain, and as such I am not always available, however I have an availability that suits a large project like this where I can make it happen…
I am understanding of your availability if the benefit of the build is great enough! We are simply aiming for a beginning of September release.

Contact Us

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or via Discord @ Mothman#9332
You must be 13 years or older to apply.

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Hopefully eliminated some vagueness derived from the term ‘partner’

4 Likes

Very much interested, you seem like a cool guy. Here have a look at my 3D models https://sites.google.com/view/toxsterportfolio/home
Discord: Toaster#9447
Edit: I can do building too, not with terrain though

1 Like

I will take a look, thankyou for the interest :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “Partner”? I might have missed something but it’s not very clear to me.

Sorry, I will make an edit.
I would consider someone who is doing a good bit of the building as a ‘partner’ as reflected in title and profit share.
I’m not sure what connotations others might gather from that word so sorry if its inherently vague.
For any more clarity of whats expected of that sort of title, i guess its more accurate to say the main builder for the game.

I suppose just replace Partner with ‘Builder’, which is silly now that you brought that up, so thank you

1 Like

I understand now. I would change it to Builder or Main Builder depending if you are using more than one builder.

Hey I a 3D Modeler FastMan#0726

1 Like

So, how big is your budget and how much are you thinking this game is going to make since % payment is very risky.

Im interested in making weapons and armor for the game. My discord is mud#6644 if you want to see pictures of my past works.

I am interested in making the environment such as terrains and stuff, here is my portfolio.(I am doing it for free)

Hi, I am interested for any of the following. I can do terrain, weapons, and mobs.
Please let me know if I could be of any help.
Here is my Portfolio: [outdated] new portfolio!

I have also added you on discord add me back: xUltimatex#3817

not sure if this is closed but; i feel i’am perfect for the building position; while i can also pull off aspects that seem 3d modelled

Hey im interested in building!
Discord : Dekuabisu#3366

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.