3D Particle System

I’ve already tried that and it still doesn’t work. The UI doesn’t work nothing works…

2 Likes

Oh, I thought you meant that when clicking the plugin in the plugins tab it didn’t appear. I’m also encountering this problem, it could be an issue with the plugin itself. You should check if the plugin is up-to-date.

I have a huge problem with this plugin, it won’t let me use the buttons at all no matter how many times I click it doesn’t do anything its not even registering the clicks too. (Edit) I got it to work somehow I don’t know how I did.

1 Like

did it start working after you rrstarted the studio?

1 Like

UI still doesn’t work with the plugin even after the updates…
I think you should just rework the whole UI in the plugin since it’s really not
Wanting to work…

1 Like

yeah you’re right, i think i know how to fix it im gonna do it as soon as im able too, for now. idk if you are femilliar with the console in roblox studio but.

if you type in it.

require(game.ReplicatedStorage.ModulePack).CreateParticleSystem(workspace.TargetPartName)

it should make a system out of the target part. in the end this is all the plugin ui does.

1 Like

Capture
getting this error no matter where i open the plugin, unsure if its a common issue and if or its the same issue talked above.

yes okay so the error from plugin side is fixed now. the plugin uses insert service so you have to “allow http acces” that should resolve it i believe.

1 Like

no luck, i had it set to allow http access when i took that screenshot so maybe its a me issue

alright thank god its not just my computer or something like that, i asked a friend to try it for me and they got the same error.

Seems i found the issue.

In order to not get the forbidden warning please add asset: ModulePack Public - Roblox to your inventory and restard the studio.

1 Like

Butterflies!

I managed to mess with the source code to force it to load some custom parts with some messy code, pretty cool!

I would love seeing this work with models and parts that have other parts inside so we can make stuff rotate around the ‘middle part’ rather than rotate on the spot

I’m guessing random rotation is in the todo list, but just wanted to make sure

4 Likes

It would be a lot better and less misleading if you just placed that module into the plugin and loaded it on demand as I’ve stated before. :wink:

well this is already a feature. you have to insert a objectValue inside your system and call it “Target” then disable and enable part pooling then the system will use the target value

2 Likes

then the update would need constant updating each time i update the particle system. now you just have the plugin and when the particle system has an update so do you.

Also, the particle system module needs to be in the game and not the studio or it wont show in public games.

There have been some updates!,

NEW:

1. Use Up Vector as direction.
  2. Face Parts Towards direction.
  3. Particle Logic.

Use Up Vector as direction:
When this is enabled the particles will use the up vector of the part or attachment they are originated from.

Face Parts Towards direction:
When this is enabled the particles will be orientated to towards the direction they are going.

Particle Logic:
When this is enabled it will allow you to give a particle aditional logic. Like changing the color of a point light inside of it. To make it show the same as the particle.

To make use of this feature you have to Enable Particle Logic and put a ModuleScript inside the target particle.

Here is an example of what the script would look like when changing the color and brightness of a pointlight.

return function()
	script.Parent.PointLight.Color = script.Parent.Color
	script.Parent.PointLight.Range = script.Parent.Size.X + 4
	script.Parent.PointLight.Brightness = math.clamp(script.Parent.Size.X, 0, 1)
end

And here you can see the particle system in action with some effects i created.

4 Likes

Why is the “ActivateInCameraMode” referring to “game.ReplicatedStorage.ModulePack”? There is no ModulePack folder in my ReplicatedStorage because the UI does nothing. The buttons don’t do anything. Pressing Create or tutorial or any of the buttons, it doesn’t do anything.

Edit: looks like it works after putting the ModulePack you mentioned above. I didn’t see it so I completly missed it. It works great!

this is because the module takes the modulepack from roblox. and uses insert service to put it in your replicated storage.

EDIT: new version out (1.31) the plugin now no longer gets the module from roblox’s website. but imports the module that’s inside the plugin itself.

adding the module to your inventory is no longer needed.

1 Like

Yeah I typed out the message and went scrolling up but replied anyway so I didn’t see it until like 5 seconds later haha my bad.

The only thing that doesn’t seem to work is showing the “particles” in studio mode. They do show when I use “Run” or “Play” but in Studio camera it doesn’t show the parts

Yes you’re right. I didnt make them work in edit mode to make sure there is no performance hit. because this can be quite annoying if you’re not even working on the particles.