3rd Person Shooter/Camera System Help

I have seen posts already asking this question, but nothing that really helped me, soooo…

How would I go about making a 3rd person shooter? I currently have a gun (very basic) and a 3rd person script (from the toolbox), but I would rather not use free models in my game, and the current one also cannot be enabled/disabled. An effect that I would like to have for the camera is dampening, which I also have no idea how to make.

I am not new to scripting on Roblox, I just don’t mess around with the camera a lot.

I am not asking for an entire script (though portions of a script would be helpful). To be honest, anything would be helpful.

1 Like

maybe you just need to set automatically players shift look mode and then change the mose icon to the custom mouse

1 Like

I am worried about compatibility with mobile players.

check this post: How To Make Touch Screen/Mobile Device Screen Shift Lock Button/How to Enable Shift lock while Clicking With Different Buttons - #10 by Toxstxr

This is great, I would need to modify it so that it enables shift lock when you equip the gun. One thing that I also need help with is the camera dampening.