64-Bit Client causes random CPU spikes in-game

oh yeah one more thing i checked the game ready drivers, updated yesterday and i have only one word

d’oh

Happens on Linux (Wine) as well, stuttering does not show in micro profiler:

Does happen in multiple games other than the one showed in video
Reported to @Bitdancer as I believed it was a Hyperion-related issue

My hardware:

1 Like

Ok, I pinged the engineers on this one, hang tight.

5 Likes

Yes, game doesn’t use all of the GPU’s resources, and hogs up the CPU all the time. Game runs like dog crap and I can’t play shooter games.

2 Likes

Any updates? I believe that this started happening to me in the past 10 days or so and it affects all experiences. It’s causing lag issues and delays making some games completely unplayable especially competitive games. I am also having pings spikes and issues while having CPU spikes.

4 Likes

So I now that I had some time to troubleshoot things, I’ve noticed a few things:

• Lag spikes occur with frequent camera movements (games where the camera moves a lot like with a loading screens are practically unplayable for me)
  • Lag occurs whenever I try to navigate with the new esc menu
  • Roblox eats up all of the available CPU resources when it starts lagging (looking at my task manager, it’d hit 100% utilization with Roblox taking up 80-90% of resources out of nowhere)
  • The issue got a little better after uninstalling the VR Oculus apps as I’ve seen people recommend on Reddit but still doesn’t solve the issue 100%

I know Roblox is on freeze til the 2nd week of January but I hope this info is somewhat helpful when the engineers inspecting this ticket return to work :smile:

EDIT:
Included it in the OP but will also include it here.

If you’re having issues with the app - use the microsoft store version of the app. It works smoothly for me!

6 Likes

It is already 2024 and we all are still getting high CPU and low GPU usage on Roblox. What is even taking so long?

1 Like

Fix this broken game already
изображение

3 Likes

I am having this issue but it’s hard to figure out if it’s truly a Roblox issue or a hardware issue.

2 Likes

This!, i’ve been having this issue since the start of december, what is going on?! I cant play any game with this issue.

3 Likes

I blame the FAILURES at Roblox who bought Byfron Technologies
They littrealy harm normal people’s gameplay experience by inserting a crappy anti-cheat

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems that this issue only started happening after Byfron was added to Roblox. But again it could be anything.

4 Likes

Bruh… what is this! My processor is not even at 30% when im playing roblox… but theres somehow CPU spikes…

7 Likes

being having this problem for probably the past 2 years, very annoying

1 Like

It is indeed still happening. It was gone for a while but is back now.

1 Like

Hi, Same problem here:

My specs are:
Intel i9-14900K
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 6000 DDR5
NZXT N7 Z790 LGA1700
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 12GB
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB

My case is also the NZXT H7 Flow RGB case, and my AIO is also an NZXT Kraken Elite RGB due to my CPU naturally running hot.

My CPU spikes every 15 seconds, making it impossible to play shooter games or even develop games due to the performance hit every 20 seconds.

Roblox, please optimise your platform to facilitate developers with high-end workstation PCs.

On the Roblox app and website, I get CPU spikes, but on the Microsoft store, I don’t get any issues with lag.

Random question: Is your FPS unlocked at all? that can cause a lot of issues with roblox
the ms store version being fine makes me think that could be related if it is

Recently upgraded my PC because my motherboard finally kicked the bucket. Roblox is still having issues with the new specs.

i5-13600K
64GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060.

In two days from this update, it’s going to be a year since I’ve filled this bug report and I’m seeing more and more people get affected by this… Roblox needs to address this issue.

2 Likes

To answer your question, no I’ve not unlocked my FPS in any way. Not sure how it was for James but for me it just started happening as part of an update to the client.

Bumping as this is still a prominent and annoying issue. Launching games through the website (which I’m used to doing), results in a laggy unplayable experience. Launching through the icon on my desktop however results in the normal and expected performance for a high end pc.

Hoping this gets fixed eventually.