64-bit Studio for Windows is Live!

Awesome update! Good work guys.

2 Likes

This has addressed so many issues that were completely halting the development of some of my games. Cheers to the team!

5 Likes

Donā€™t suppose someone could actually document studio using the maximum possible amount of ram, video or gif or something? That would be interesting to see (at least for me anyway)

Either way; canā€™t wait for that extra performance gain, heck yes.

4 Likes

This will get rid of errors but will it also improve performance in things like terrain generation and general software speed? I bought a loaded computer and Studio has always ran about the same as my old potato powered PC. Iā€™ve always wondered why, this may be a reason!

Overall great change, yay!

2 Likes

Are there any other improvements as a result of 64 bit?

12 Likes

Heyyyyy, wasnā€™t this enabled a few weeks ago?

Anyhow, thatā€™s a much welcome change, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh before I leave, is the Client already 64-bit or not? If not, is there is any ETA when it will be converted to 64-bit?

5 Likes

insert krabs whoosh
now I can load all the textures in real time

2 Likes

Is it also 64-bit for the Client?

4 Likes

Are there any special changes to the installation protocol to opt into this, or is it automatically applied to RobloxStudioBeta.exe?

cc @lll_xyz and Regal_Corgi

5 Likes

HYPE

also the fact that someone named regal corgi made this possible makes it even better.

7 Likes

So far, all 64bit Windows would install 64bit Studio:-)

4 Likes

I mainly ask because Iā€™ve been maintaining a custom Roblox Studio bootstrapper for a few years now, and was wondering if the 64-bit version needs to be installed separately :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I suspect this was the reason for a lot of my crashes but wouldnā€™t know because the error box just says ā€œit encountered an error and has to closeā€ ): Easy-to-read error messages when

2 Likes

This is so powerful

1 Like

OH. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Thank you!! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. :smile:

2 Likes

Mac client is 64-bit and has been for a while. Windows client is 32-bit, we donā€™t have immediate plans to convert that.

5 Likes

Bummer :confused: I was really hoping it [the client] would be converted to 64-bit, too

1 Like

ā€¦ but it already is?

1 Like