9-Slice Editor: Studio Beta

For years all of my slices looked like this and I didn’t even realize lol.

This update is phenomenal. Editing 9 slice images will no longer have to be a guess and check process and this simplifies UI workflow greatly.

The only issue I have is the editor window doesn’t scale its contents when the window is resized, so it’s a bit hard to fine-tune images.

15 Likes

So simple, yet so helpful. I knew that this day would come, I’ve been waiting for it and here we are champs,

finally an update I can truly relate to.

2 Likes

awesome!!! So excited to use this

This is amazing. Thanks so much for this!

What was once a nightmare became the most simplest thing. Good job!

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LEET’S GOOOOOOOO
Oh the struggles of manually calculating this are over!

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct, the 9-Slice Editor is implemented as a Built-In Plugin using Lua. However, the “…” button in the SliceCenter property is implemented using Qt.

1 Like

Oh my, this was unexpected but also really useful. :+1:

This will be so useful! It used to be such a pain to switch between studio and my photo editor to get the pixel coordinates. 9-slice images are often under used in Roblox UI, I bet this will help!

1 Like

yes i’m always be in properties even though got amount of 9 slices in studio probably pretty cool, how they just i so proud editor slices that lovely support for studio for feature

1 Like

I’m guessing the ... fires an event somewhere in Lua? I can probably find it lol

EDIT Found it almost straight away, GuiService.Open9SliceEditor

3 Likes

Great! This will be very useful. :+1:

OMG! This is an amazing update! I can’t wait to try out this feature in my development!

YES! FINALLY THE HOURS OF PAIN I HAD TRYING TO 9-SLICE IMAGES IS GONE! THANK YOU ROBLOX!

Very excited to use!

Is there a list of functions like this we can call?

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’ll be using this personally, however I do see a lot of uses that could come up. Great work!

I remember suggesting this in the developer tools survey a while back, I’m really excited to see this finally being implemented. I’ve always had a hard time understanding 9slice (using it was like hoping to get something desirable after entering random numbers) so I can’t wait to update my UIs to make use of it properly :slightly_smiling_face:

Could the 2 draggers for each axis have colours different to eachother? Vertical would have something like red and green, same for horizontal so you can tell which one is which

2 Likes

Another useful update for Developers again. Thanks Roblox :heart:

We have been blessed. I could never understand how to use the slice property correctly, but always needed it for GUI designs. This editor will be incredibly helpful. Thank you!