A List of All Deprecated Classes, Enums, Events, Functions, and Properties

Draggable still had a valid use, and there’s no easy solution. I’m not sure why it was removed.

What do you mean? When it was officially deprecated a staff member provided an official script to create draggable objects.

Toggling a property is a lot easier than copying an old script.

Have you seen the Draggable property? When your mouse exits the object, it doesn’t move.

The new script doesn’t do that and it’s much easier to use.

You guys should probably take this to PMs so you don’t clutter the thread, but do you mind sending me the script you’re referring to please?

I’ve made many modifications to it over the years, and I’ve even stopped use of this script in my newer UI in place for a much better one, but here’s the old one (compatible with any old frame):

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local gui = script.Parent

local dragging
local dragInput
local dragStart
local startPos

gui.Changed:Connect(function(c)
	if c=="CanvasPosition" then
		dragging = false
	end
end)

local function update(input)
	local delta = input.Position - dragStart
	gui.Position = UDim2.new(startPos.X.Scale, startPos.X.Offset + delta.X, startPos.Y.Scale, startPos.Y.Offset + delta.Y)
end

gui.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 or input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Touch then
		dragging = true
		dragStart = input.Position
		startPos = gui.Position
		input.Changed:Connect(function()
			if input.UserInputState == Enum.UserInputState.End then
				dragging = false
			end
		end)
	end
end)

gui.InputChanged:Connect(function(input)
	if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseMovement or input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Touch then
		dragInput = input
	end
end)

UserInputService.InputChanged:Connect(function(input)
	if input == dragInput and dragging then
		update(input)
	end
end)
2 Likes

I have found two deprecated classes that can no longer be found/broken on the Creator Documentation site these are:

• VoiceSource

• Speaker

Edit: Roblox has seemed to remove the Speaker class from Studio itself so it’s essentially a removed instance. Seems like the case with VoiceSource as well. Yep it got put in the removed bin on the Roblox API Reference site

Screenshot 2024-02-20 113648

1 Like

When will someone recreate deprecated roblox functionality? I’d like to do it but im not doing it.
I mean stuff like SkateboardPlatform, Hints/Messages (already saw them recreated), Hats(dropping them with ‘=’), PointsService (‘why :(’), Flags, etc.

1 Like

I’ll work on updating the list. It may take a bit as I have to update the website AND the json.

1 Like

Thank you for providing this! But I can’t use it because all your API endpoints are returning “Internal Server Error” :frowning_face:.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll look into it.

The endpoints have been fixed. They should be working as normal now :slightly_smiling_face: . I am currently updating the endpoints to make them up-to-date on all the deprecated apis.

1 Like

is Plane similar to PlaneConstraint?

Check out this article on the documentation for information about PlaneConstraint:

Progress Update for updating the endpoints and page:

They are nearly finished. When I reorganized my API repository earlier, there were several things I needed to tweak. That’s finished and I have almost completed updating the json files. ETA is less than a week.

AnalyticsService isnt deprecated.

1 Like

Also Speaker and VoiceSource dont exist anymore

It was deprecated at some point in the past. Not sure why it has changed once again now. That being said there is a deprecated property and a few deprecated methods

1 Like

This is true. Thats why I have it marked as deprecated. Im not sure why it changed either.

I haven’t worked on this in a while because of many other things in my life going on. I plan to update everything by the end of this week or next week.

If any of you would like to help gather all the information (recently deprecated things) that I have missed since this was last updated, that would be great :slight_smile: