A new Moderation-Discussion sub category in #Development Discussion

A solid 30% of all topics made in #development-discussion is about moderation and its starting to get tiring.

People should definitely express and discuss the serious topic that is Roblox Moderation, but that shouldn’t get in the way of the other topics and aspects Development.

By making this sub category, people can more freely express their problems and issues and discuss it with other people for advice without annoying other people who are browsing who don’t want/care about other peoples moderation problems.

Moderation has been discussed to death and it still pops up because it will forever be a problem, this goes for every major platform that have semi-strict policies.

7 Likes

Not a bad idea actually

But I dont think anyone would go for it because, they think its not gonna help us in any way
And they are correct in a way

6 Likes

What you’re asking for is more or less just lounge, but that’s locked to regulars.

Additionally, while I want this to be a thing (because it’s 100% something that NEEDS to be talked about to raise awareness for the many glaring issues with it and similar things) I can’t see it happening for many reasons, a main one being is that everyone knows everyone will mis-interpret it and abuse it for “I was false banned get me unbanned!” type posts.

For now I’d argue a decent amount of moderation related posts can go under #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support if they’re worded properly. I’d argue don’t take my word for it as I’m not a moderator, but I’d also argue I know the devforum rules better than the apparent moderators that are already here (and I have sources to back this claim up) so use your own judgement.

6 Likes

We used to have a category for moderation appeals but eventually growing pains made something like it unsustainable.

Consider what the noise to signal ratio for a dedicated category for moderation would be. It might make #development-discussion better but it won’t improve the forums as a whole because people would inevitably just start complaining, which isn’t helpful to Roblox.

Unfortunately your best bet is probably just going to be to flag posts that are obnoxious about moderation. As per the forum rules, it’s not really even allowed anyway.

6 Likes

I disagree.

Development discussion isn’t for complaining about problems with Roblox Moderation. Its not for rants either, though people still do anyway.

These days, 9.9 out of 10 times the posts relating to moderation are either entirely uncontributive and don’t belong there. I can’t tell you how many times I saw uncontributive “i got falsely banned!!!1!1” posts.

Some topics are contributive, but its not worth it in my opinion given the large majority don’t.

I understand Roblox Moderation can be frustrating, but development discussion is already chaotic enough as it is. Putting a separate category will only encourage people to make more rants and unnecessary topics.

This. I wish more people understood that this is the best thing to do when you see posts like that.

2 Likes

This is not the intended usage of development discussion category.

I recommend that you point these posters to alternative channels and make sure to use the flag feature in cases where you suspect someone is breaking forum usage rules.

Please going forward keep in mind that feature requests should be about problems instead of very specific solutions, as the latter makes it very hard to respond for us since your specific idea is not likely to be aligned with how we see things on our end. If you focus on the problem instead the discussion can be more open and we can talk about different solutions for your problem.

1 Like