A Realistic Bullpup Handgun (Free to Take!)

Good evening fellow developers. I would like to present to the community a concept for a handgun I made while I was still in highschool. I call it the P20. The P20 is fictional handgun that was created and designed by me. The concept of the P20 is to show some features if a bullpup handgun were to exist in the real-world (I am talking about with the magazine and action behind the handle, not just the action). Without further to do, let me present to you photos of the model.

Pictures

Now I will be going through all of the features presented on my model of the P20. A glossary is present below for navigation purposes.

1. Slide, Slide Release, & Chamber
  2. Safety & Mag Release
  3. Magazine Details
  4. Rails & Stock Attachment
  5. Sight Picture
  6. Explanations in Logic

Slide, Slide Release, & Chamber

As seen in the images below, we can see the slide release and chamber. The slide release is ambidextrous, and is located and both sides of the gun. The chamber is exposed only when the slide is locked back. In the raw model, the slide must be moved 20 studs back before the chamber is fully exposed. While it is not shown here, the chamber also features a bolt and firing pin.

Images

Safety & Mag Release

The safety is an actual working safety. If the safety is moved to left side of the gun, it is green. If it is moved to the right side, it is red. The magazine release can also be seen in the second image. It is ambidextrous, located on both sides of the gun right above the end of the trigger guard. It is an AR-styled release.

Images

Magazine Details

The double-stacked magazine, seen here, holds 16 9mm bullets. The magazine is loosely based off from Glock magazines. A small slit is seen on each side of the magazine, so that the user is able to see how many rounds are left in the magazine while shooting. While not prominent, feed lips are featured on the magazine. There is also a catch on the magazine to prevent it from being inserted into the magwell further than it should go.

Images

Rails & Stock Attachment

The pistol features three rails, all of which are located on the slide. On each side of the slide is a small rail, and a large rail on the top of the slide. The rails, in theory, are made out of a durable, heavy metal, so that it may give more weight towards the front of the gun. If you wish for this pistol to be a carbine, a lightweight skeleton stock is included.

Images

Sight Picture

The iron sights on the pistol are non-adjustable and are the typical sights you see that are present on most pistols.

Explanations & Logic

The first question that may have came to your mind when seeing all the pictures of this pistol was, “What on EARTH is that thing in front of the trigger guard?!” The answer is simple and underwhelming: it is a counter-weight. Yup, that’s all. A bullpup pistol like this would have most of its weight in the back, making the gun lop-sided with its weight. So a counter-weight is put on towards the front of the gun to give it even weight distribution. Unfortunately, that would make the total weight of this pistol heavier than most pistols, which is why we simply do not, and should not, ever make a bullpup pistol like this.

I also noticed a picture floating around of a pistol with a translucent, red magazine that is very similar in concept to the concept of my pistol. If you know what I am talking about, then you may know of the three primary flaws that would prevent that pistol from working well: No even weight distribution, bad shape in magazine (Would cause feeding issues), and no room for a bolt. My pistol has all three of this issues solved.

If you would like to pick up the raw model of the pistol for yourself to use in your games, you may go on ahead! This model I made is free for absolutely everyone in the community to use. I only ask to be given credit somewhere in your game (even if it’s just the description) if you do use this model. A link to the model is provided below.

If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or any constructive criticism, I invite you to comment below on this post. I love seeing what people have to say to help improve my quality of work and make the things I create more enjoyable for other people.

Thanks for reading!

15 Likes

Wow dude amazing. You really worked hard on it.

2 Likes

<<< UPDATED VERSION >>>

Here is the P21, an upgrade to the P20! What are the differences? Allow me to show you

Improved Slide

The P20’s slide was absolutely massive, and had weighted rails on the front and sides of it to increase balance with the rear-heavy weapon. However, a friend had pointed out to me that due to the size and weight of the slide, there would simply be too much friction for the gas to fully push the slide back and rechamber a round. To solve this issue, I have changed the slide to me of a more Desert Eagle-style of design. This way, there is less friction and overall weight to cycle the slide back.

Improved Sights

One of the minor changes that was made was to change the material of the sight-glowy-thingies from Plastic to Neon. Here is what the new sight picture looks like!

Improved Counter Weight

The old counter weight that was located in front of the trigger guard was small and looked weird. So, I have stylized the trigger guard to go over the counter weight. Doing this had allowed me to add a small under-rail below the weight and on the trigger guard. This rail is able to fit a small laser onto it.

Improved Magazine

The older magazine had a large slot cut out of it so you can view the rounds. However, this would leave more room for dirt and other particles to enter the magazine and potentially jam the mag. So the slot was made smaller, this way you can still see if you’re low on rounds and increase reliability.

Improved Workspace Organization

If you ever looked into the P20, you would notice that the old folders were only roughly organized. So to help scripters make their lives easier, I took the time to make more detailed folders. This will also really help builders out if they want to change the colors on parts of the gun.

Misc. Changes

Made all holes in the gun (Such as the barrel, magazine well, and chambering) all Neon black instead of Plastic, to make it look more dark and endless

Slightly increased the magazine’s size to accommodate spring compression

Both slides are two slightly different colors to help make the two separate pieces stick out

Made unimportant parts of the gun unable to cast a shadow to aid with performance

And in case if anyone is wondering: The attachable stock is not present in this model. If you want the stock (that would make this gun much more practical to use) then please pick it up from the P20 model linked in the original post.

That’s all folks! I hope you all really enjoy the new improvements and changes I brought to the P20, making it into the P21. Constructive criticism and positive comments are always appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These look really good! You’ve worked hard on this. Keep up the hard work! :wink:

1 Like

As requested, I created a full Carbine/SBR conversion kit for the P21 for those who may be interested!!

This looks really good! Nice! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

the sbr conversion kind of resembles the chiappa little badger anyways i think you did exceptional on the entire weapon given the fact you put so much effort into the little details and functionality, just a suggestion you should make a few attachments to coincide with the picatinny rails such as a forward grip, optical sights, could even rice it up more with a threaded barrel and a few optional muzzle attachments

1 Like

I was considering doing this!! However, I’ll consider doing that in the future if I were to make more guns. However I don’t really see myself doing this unless if people were to request me to or something d:

1 Like