A smooth wave curving Ghostbusters beam. How?

Hello everyone! :wave::slightly_smiling_face:
So recently I have been working on my personal project to create a Ghostbusters-themed game, and of course I’ve been working on the proton packs too. I wanted to achieve the closest copy of the neutrona wand beam ever, but this is what I came up with :skull::
Live Event Place - Roblox Studio 2024-03-03 11-18-18 (online-video-cutter.com)

Then, I came past the Ghostbusters-themed game called Ghostbusters: Extermination, and the beams that I saw there… well, see this:
exterminationtrailer (online-video-cutter.com)

Ghostbusters Extermination: The Pit (online-video-cutter.com)

This makes me wonder how the developer of this game made these so high-detailed beams, because he used parts to form the beam, and I have no idea how I could make the parts appear in a smooth curving line, with also the parts moving like a wave.

Maybe someone could help me how I could achieve this oh-so-amazing-looking beam effect?

1 Like

Well beams have a property called Curve, I’m pretty sure this is what is being used

I was searching more for a way to have the end of a part in the beam as the start point of the next part in the beam, and also create waves while doing that. In the Ghostbusters: Extermination game, you can see that a beam instance is used only for the electric effect of the beam, so the Curve properties wouldn’t work here.

I guess I got an even cooler result by using this Lightning Beam module :flushed:

So that means my curving beam problem is solved now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.