Ability to add more than one "title"

This feature might sound silly but hear me out

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to express expertise in multiple fields with only one title next to your name.

If you have knowledge and experience in more than one area, I feel like being able to have (my proposal) at most 2 or 3 titles next to your name allows others to know your knowledge in different areas

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because people would be able to know that I know more than just how to build

If you have comments on this idea, feel free to let me know :wink:
https://devforum.roblox.com/g

This is more of a Discourse limitation than a devforum limitation. The title should be used for your best skill. If you think you are a jack of all trades you can simply just not select a title. I do this because I do a bit of everything.

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, however, I read this post and it seems like Roblox can let Discourse know about a specific request if they decide to follow through with it.

Either way, fair point :slight_smile:

I actually joined the group “Artists” because developing itself is an art, so I thought it was a nice idea lol.
This probably can’t be implemented due to Discourse limitations and you should probably refer this topic to Discourse Meta.

You can also do this by yourself, just join Discourse Meta and post a feature request there (not sure if you need a tl tho).

2 Likes

There is technically a way to allow this, if we were allowed to change our names on the devforum (think nicknames in Discord servers), since Discourse allows this, but for obvious reasons, this is not going to happen.

You should definitely feel even more comfortable now being more free with requests, I limited myself as well before hooksmith said that, but seeing engineers are openly willing to tackle on some requests I felt more free. Just saying my thoughts on this as well. :+1:

1 Like