Ability to link social-media platforms to groups, including Discord

Thank you everyone for the support! :smiley:

And Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating today!

1 Like

I seriously hope that this will be included in the group update (Q1 2018)

There’s a lot of stuff that they need to add and this is one of them.

3 Likes

I fully support this. Discord is one of the largest social platforms that developers use to reach out to their fanbase off-site.

It should be added.

2 Likes

i broke the like button

2 Likes

Use of Discord’s services is restricted to 13+ users, according to https://discordapp.com/terms . You, as a consumer of the product, is responsible for reading and agreeing to these terms - surely, kids won’t bother with that most likely, though those who have, are breaking the ToS.

This solution would be much appreciated :tada: - if not, they’re deliberately harming a major part of Roblox’s users.

2 Likes

Discord was amazing for our development team, UltraGames.

The bug reports and suggestion channels we had were perfect
-Low amounts of spam
-can be read by our whole team
-the information was filtered into categories (e.g bugs, suggestions, questions)

I have disabled PMs on roblox as I was receiving ~30 per day and it wasn’t worth my time to read them all - mostly because there was a lot of useless information.

Group walls are filled with too much spam. Again, it is too time-consuming to filter between useful information and useless information.

So, I hope roblox can provide a solution to this problem as at the moment there is no link between our developers and our player base, except our existing discord users.

3 Likes

Would you be able to edit this sentence? There have been no changes, the thread you link is a reminder of the policy. Just for the sake of not spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

Fixed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant idea. Hopefully ROBLOX takes this in to heavy consideration.

5 Likes

Definitely, want these to be linkable, it would be super help. Another feature I need is EMBEDDED TWEETS! Currently going to my @HiddenDevs tweets for my group is hell as the twitter link doesn’t even work for copying it as a piece of it is always cut off.

5 Likes