Accelerator / Incubator Applications (Summer 2019)

I have completed my application. If everything goes well, “Project Lasersphere” will be made in 2019. If not… the project probably will not exist. I am hoping my previous games (1 being open sourced with another coming) will help.

3 Likes

So exciting!

Anyone know how many people are accepted into Accelerator?

Definitely going to be applying!

1 Like

I got an e-mail not too long ago telling me that I had not made it to the interview round of the Sprint applications. So, if you didn’t get that e-mail, either the e-mails got messed up, or maybe you’ll be interviewed soonish?

1 Like

100% recommend applying for this! Best experience I’ve ever had!

Happy to chat to anyone who is unsure about applying, just shoot me a DM!

2 Likes

@x_o and I are eager to fill out these applications to represent Team Rudimentality! For the elevator pitch, do you want us to figure out one that best represents the project we’re coming in with by working together and putting it on the both of our apps, or do you want them to be individual pitches?

3 Likes

I believe somewhere in the ballpark of 10 people for Accel and 10 for Incubator has been the past configuration. Not exact though. It changes around year to year and can be dependent on a lot of factors. Basically, it not a lot of slots when comparing to how many people apply.

But hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. So, shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you’ll end up in the stars. :dizzy:

2 Likes

Based on the amount of people in the devforum group (https://devforum.roblox.com/groups/Accelerator_Program) which I assume has not been changed since the program ended, around forty, assuming nothing has changed since last year.

3 Likes

Oh dang. That’s a ton more than I thought.

1 Like

Seems to be missing some people too

I’ll be checking with my college and seeing if this might transfer to be an internship. Not entirely sure, but my major may or may not accept this as a graduation requirement. Hoping it does because it would be awesome to be able to work on an innovative idea I’ve been thinking of! I’ll start looking around to see if I can find a team for it!

1 Like

I’m also looking for a team to apply with. I haven’t seen anyone else asking about it so far. If you might be interested in working with me let me know and we can talk!

3 Likes

Hopefully this 6 month waiting period will go by fast : (

4 Likes

What @TheShipArchitect and I did for our applications (since we’re applying together) is pitch the same project using basically the same pitch for both apps

3 Likes

Hey @emasterjam!

If you are applying as a team we would rather you put the same pitch since you will be working together. But if you have already applied with separate pitches that is fine - we will clarify what you want to work on during the interview :smiley:

5 Likes

Another member and I have already applied for the accelerator program, but we’d like to add another person to our team. We were originally unsure if we wanted to apply together but we do want to apply now. How should we go about adding him to the application process?

I have many questions regarding the application process. One of the questions ask if I’m a citizen of the US, which I am not, however I’m a resident of the country. Another question asks about if I’m currently attending university, which I will be in Fall 2019 once I hear my acceptance in 2 weeks time. Will answering no to these questions at this current time be overlooked and revoke my acceptance into the program?

I can’t speak about the first question, but I can for the second one. I started university just 2 months ago and got into the program. I was still in high school and 17 years old when I applied, so you should be good to go.

Pro-tip: Apply even if you think your work isn’t up to snuff. I applied on a whim and ended up experiencing one of the best summers of my life.

3 Likes

Just resubmit - we take the latest submission :smiley:
If we have additional regarding which application we will reach out.

2 Likes