Account PIN now required for transferring group

Does anyone know if they can brute force account pins or does it lock itself after so many tries?

4 Likes

This is good news!
Changing the ownership of a group too easily was a big problem. When someone would somehow get access to an account, usually for a limited period of time, until the owner takes back the control, considering the scammer don’t know your email, he would thus simply change the ownership of the person’s group and from then, have no way for the owner to stop him without getting in touch with Roblox.

5 Likes

This is honestly a really good change. It helps a lot of users feel safer when it comes to groups, and also adds another layer of protection.

Thanks roblox, very cool.

3 Likes

if you were to forget your account pin, will there be any sort of verification email to reset it on?

9 Likes

It would be better if you have a verified email address then you would have to approve via email to do things like transferring or leaving a group you own.

Otherwise great update, my friends account got hacked and he lost his group but roblox recovered it within a few hours. :heart:

4 Likes

The pin feature does have a cooldown timer.

17 Likes

This should also be applied to making massive group payouts, like for example over 10,000 Robux would require your pin.

27 Likes

It’s not really going overboard. Authenticator apps are quickly becoming the norm. Really wish iCloud Keychain integration would be added within the app, that way users can set unique passwords that are way safer than what they may set themselves.

9 Likes

I definitely agree. Account pin should be expanded to massive payouts, item deletion, and even trades with high value. To add ease of use, Roblox should add support for biometric authentication methods like TouchID and FaceID in place of the account pin.

14 Likes

no, bad idea. it’s easy to spoof these things.

7 Likes

It’s highly unlikely. If people are using biometrics as a means of protecting their phone (which has passwords, medical records, location history, and so much more stored on it) and there haven’t been severe issues, what makes you think those issues would suddenly exist on Roblox? Plus, it could be implemented as an optional feature in settings.

5 Likes

Thank you for this amazing update, It is just what we needed! It feels very reassuring to know that Roblox is constantly thinking about how they can improve our security.

6 Likes

I agree with you about the massive payouts, trades and item deletion but integrating random Apple unlock features just isn’t the way to go. Account pin or 2-step-authentication methods are the safer way to go, which is also what ROBLOX uses as their security system(s).

Also, android exists. Android doesn’t necessarily have face/touch-id methods and it would be hard to work around. However, a large portion of ROBLOX is IOS rather than Android and is much preferred rather than Android.

When it comes to PC’s, this would also make more sense as many PC’s or Laptops don’t include face/touch-id methods. This is another reason to why the ROBLOX pin methods would make more sense.

8 Likes

Great update, but adding a Captcha for uploading clothing is very much needed and would be very helpful for the clothing copying problem.

7 Likes

We know that you have more use cases for requiring additional security checks for other site features and this is just one of many steps that we’re taking towards improving account security overall.

Hoping this includes spending group funds :innocent:

10 Likes

Ya Roblox security for sure can be improved with these features overall being applied in A LOT of different areas. If roblox makes you put in a pin to edit your settings but does not put in a pin to protect your million Robux it is almost kind of crazy that they did not apply this to a lot of aspects. Even trade!

3 Likes

Can you make it a feature for the account pin to be required for ANY transaction?

(Buying stuff, trading, ranking someone, etc.)

8 Likes

You have to remember the majority of Roblox’s user base. I would assume most of them do not have iCloud Keychain set up or even have a password manager at all. Adding something like this would create more support requests of locked out accounts because kids won’t remember how they created a 20 digit randomized password, let alone what it is.

6 Likes

What should I do if I have forgotten my account pin is there some sort fo verification I have to do to unlock it? I do not know if it is me and im blind but I can not find a topic like this can someone point me in the correct direction

1 Like

It would be great to be able to activate the pin need in other important actions like purchases

1 Like