Account PIN now required for transferring group

Hey developers,

You’ve asked and now we’re delivering: Changing the ownership of a group or leaving a group that you own now requires you to verify your account PIN (if you have one set).

We know that you have more use cases for requiring additional security checks for other site features and this is just one of many steps that we’re taking towards improving account security overall.

Thanks,

The Roblox Team

Edit: We have updated our security controls for group ownership transfer. Going forward, you will be prompted to 2 step verify your account to complete an account group ownership transfer or to leave a group that you currently own.

577 Likes

Appears “Group Theft” will be almost nonexistant now!!

Is there a dedicated place we should be redirected to for suggestions for security features?

For now here are two suggestions/questions I have:

Will there ever be the option to “Pin-Lock” a place file I have?
Sure it sounds dumb, but what if someone logs into my account and wants to open my super cool project to steal it!!

And will there ever be the option to make purchasing items on the catalog require a PIN too?
(Maybe this exists but I have never seen the setting)

Are you able to disclose the upcoming security steps?? I am interested to see what is coming. I tried checking the roadmap, but didn’t find anything.

61 Likes

Thank you! About time! :heart:

18 Likes

Now we need TOTP (aka Google Authenticator style 2FA), or even Ubikeys??

57 Likes

Woah, co, lets not go overboard here. A pin should suffice

17 Likes

Thank you very much for this new update! This assures a lot of groups being saved, and would motivate more people to create groups, knowing it’s safer.

10 Likes

Roblox’s current 2SV is fine… but it’s not secure enough. I’d like if it were possible for me to make it so someone can’t steal my group without something I know (session) and something I have (eg my phone)… although that is a different topic.

13 Likes

This is an awesome move to better security on roblox!
I have only one question…
What awesome thing are you planing next!

7 Likes

And will there ever be the option to make purchasing items on the catalog require a PIN too?
(Maybe this exists but I have never seen the setting)

Only thing I can really hope for, besides this, is a pin setting on selling limiteds. We already have a PIN on trading, so I think this would fit well. This extra bit of security just assures that people that compromise accounts are unable to quickly sell off the items they’ve stolen.

21 Likes

Awesome update! Now all we need is a verification system for liking/disliking games to prevent bottling!

14 Likes

This is a really good update. I hadn’t thought much about this but now that it’s here, it’s definitely going to be big and useful, especially in helping prevent group theft like @EpicMetatableMoment said. Thanks Roblox!

5 Likes

Good job, Roblox coming in the clutch. As the platform is growing, I think it’s only smart for this idea to be a thing. Was really needed because of the fact that many groups with a lot of currency could lose anything and everything.

8 Likes

Been wanting this for years, glad to see it’s finally been added!

13 Likes

This was well needed as group theft is a huge thing. Thanks and keep up the good updates!

8 Likes

That’s #platform-feedback:website-features like usual, or #platform-feedback:studio-features if it only applies to Studio.

10 Likes

So many great updates, roblox is becoming better then ever!

5 Likes

This will make me sleep better at night :+1:

14 Likes

Thank you so much for this change! My group got stolen after my password got leaked a few months ago and now this can’t happen again as they won’t know my PIN.

I changed the password after aslo, but having an extra boundary against these attacks is great. :grin:

4 Likes