[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I do want to reitterate, the idea of making audios not useable if the uploader doesn’t want them used is a good thing, the implementation tho is not good and should have been thought out more.

1 Like

hoping Roblox offsets this FLOPPPPP update by giving devs the option to refund audio game passes :slight_smile: but then again it’s roblox so what can we expect

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s another issue. I sincerely hope everyone who bought radio gamepasses and boomboxes gets refunded.

2 Likes

clothing is gonna be hit with a update like this in the future since more and more large clothing companies are advertising on the platform

Free audios is pretty good, but the other part about audios becoming private is straight up dumb

Uploaded audios are private by default, so if the creator made them public was because they wanted them to be public, lol.

Not only that, what if these persons forgot that they uploaded the audio, or are not aware of these changes (which would be pointless since they could not do anything to make them public)?

5 Likes

Yeah, might…

Do you really want to take that chance? Roblox has screwed up so many things in the previous months, what reason is there for any of us believe this is going to be any different?

I don’t want to be pessimistic, but I have to be realistic here.

Nothing good is going to come out of this, nothing good in the slightest.

1 Like

The issue was more the fact that people were able to publicly play bypassed audios on games, that is probably what spurred this with some threat of a lawsuit or is one that is going on.

There is a way to go around this tho, I can think of one right now but as they never asked for input on how to improve this but rather just said its happening they don’t really care about what we think. This is just gonna end up badly but how bad is not known.

Exactly. Roblox has only partnered with EDM labels, yet hosts virtual concerts for a-list singers. Why not work out a way for their music to be on the platform, no? They can partially solve the problem while they’re moving towards this metaverse creation.

This is kinda confusing. If I call :Play() in a script, will it work for other players?

I honesty doubt it’s going to happen, because staff clarified about radio and boombox gamapasses, that the music should be replaced with this shitty rock-like music.

1 Like

has i said countless times throughout my replies i don’t think roblox had a choice . it was either be sued and making your inventors unhappy, or wiping all audio on the platform and figuring out a solution to that new problem

I’m not gonna go to games like Audio Visualizer (beta servers) - Roblox and listen to roblox stock music. Unacceptable

6 Likes

lets say they absolutely HAD to do this
WHY IN THE EVER LIVING FLYING HOTDOG TOASTER HELL ARE THEY DOING THIS FOR OTHER MEDIUMS OF CREATION INSIDE OF THE TOOLBOX

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really unfortunate. Millions of robux are being swept under the rug because of this.

1 Like

Here is the idea that would be a possibility if they ever find this comment but also one to discuss too.

They plan on temporarily disabled the sharing feature til they find a solution to the sharing bypassed audios thing. Why not:

Use the existing filter as a preliminary screen, and then only make audios eligible to be shared if they have been screened a second time, either by a more strict algorithm or by a human being (a horrid idea I know but bear with me). That way they can better vet these things but it means that players can still upload audios they want but keep the record companies at bay as it’s harder for things to slip through the cracks.

3 Likes

Good point. I have many of my own games stolen on the toolbox and I just DMCA them when a new come comes up. Is it that much of a problem for a studio outside of roblox to DMCA, let alone an internal creator?

Like yeah, it’s a pain but it’s better than loosing access to all the purposefully free texture kits.

2 Likes

This update is just ridiculous.

Not only is it pretty much destroying audio composer’s careers, but killing all of the music-based games. Not only that, but also destroying a bunch of free-to-take models that contain audios. Horrible update.

3 Likes

i mean if i was in ROBLOX’s shoes and i had to choose between being sued and pissing off my inventors or just wiping everything. i would choose wipe

1 Like

Even now you’re being generous, quite honestly Roblox hasn’t achieved much in years…

It has all been the developers, not even Studio updates actually release within 3 months of being announced. It’s all just a large backlog.

oh no, all of my gun sound are now gone!

7 Likes