[Action Required] Pivot API Release: Update F3X / SBS Plugins

Can you clarify, do you think that this is a something specifically related to the Pivot API (and why) or just a general Studio issue?

What are the chances that the feature will be disabled? (since couple hours have passed already) and I am planning to use it in a live game soon and I want to know if I might need to revert it back to the custom Pivot implementation.

Pretty low given that I’ve not heard any issues so far, but to be completely safe wait until tomorrow. That gives people who have work / school a chance to get home and find issues in their games.

If there hasn’t been anything requiring a revert by tomorrow then I’ll deal with any place breakages that get found later by individually disabling it for those specific places.

1 Like

Well I was downstairs for lunch with studio on, and I come back to an error, stating that there was an error downloading a plugin. I go to my plugins list to find this: image (Which I had never even touched or seen before) I tried to open the workspace area view but it just didn’t change from script view, and the drafts tab was completely white, so I assumed I was completely disconnected from the game. I had to restart studio to find a fair amount of my progress gone.

Either this is just my problem or Roblox’s problem. : |

Sorry for the issue that you experienced there. That would be something unrelated to this though. The Pivot Editor is a built-in plugin that’s delivered as part of the Studio install itself, it won’t ever be separately downloaded.

1 Like

We had an issue crop up with our custom furniture scaling system in RoCitizens. It uses GetBoundingBox so I’m assuming it’s related. Would it be possible to turn it off for our live game (RoCitizens - Roblox) until we’ve fixed the issue?

Issue

3 Likes

Update: I’m going to have to disable the API in Roblox Studio only until next Wednesday because the Pivot Editor plugin is showing up in the Plugins tab even when the beta is not enabled thanks to it. I’m going to disable it tomorrow morning.

• This won’t effect live games (the API will remain enabled on live servers).

• This won’t effect people with the beta enabled (the API will be enabled by the by the beta feature).

• This will effect you if you updated one of your Plugins to use PivotTo or other pivot APIs between Monday and today: People might see errors using the plugin if they update it between now and next Wednesday and don’t have the Pivot Editor beta enabled.

1 Like

The API is now disabled in Studio until next Wednesday when it will be re-enabled. See the post immediately above for details.

EDIT: The API has been reenabled in Studio.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.