[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

That works, cheers for your help!

Hello, So I Am Having An Issue Where I Can’t See My Icon Until I Go Into The Game Menu And Back To The Game Again. Does Anyone Know Why I Might Be Having This Problem?

local SettingsIcon = Icon.new()
SettingsIcon:notify()
SettingsIcon:select()
SettingsIcon:deselect()
SettingsIcon:lock()
SettingsIcon:setEnabled(true)
SettingsIcon:setName("Settings")
SettingsIcon:setImage("rbxassetid://7072721682")
SettingsIcon:setTip("Settings (R)")
SettingsIcon:setLeft()
SettingsIcon:bindToggleKey(Enum.KeyCode.R)
local SettingsNotification = SettingsIcon.name
SettingsIcon.selected:Connect(function()
print('Select')
end)
SettingsIcon.deselected:Connect(function()
print('Deselect')
end)
SettingsIcon.notified:Connect(function()
	script.NoticeSound:Play()
end)

----[  Unlocking All Icons  ]----
SettingsIcon:unlock()
1 Like

Hi, your code appears to be working fine:

Can you share a repo-place file if possible?

1 Like

https://www.roblox.com/games/9709833865/GameErrorThink - Don’t Know If It Is Just For Studio Or Not, So I Don’t Know What The Issue For This May Be.

Is there a possibility that you (@ForeverHD) could implement a built-in slider dropdown or menu, or alternatively make it possible to create a GUI directly underneath the icon?

An example usage of this would be a FOV slider, or a quality slider.

[Action Required] Update v2.7.6

Roblox recently and silently introduced a new obtrusive BETA label for voice chat users. Not only does this label look out-of-place, but it overlaps with existing icons on the left side of the screen.

I’ve published some change which account for this label, including when chat is disabled. I highly recommend all users update to the latest version for these improvements:

@isCreator @Roks3k @RainyLofi @Wrenchineer_1 @DevFunkyGames @Toya_Studio @Lukashedevr @lego555444 @Dev_ost @ballistiaca @ThingOneDev

5 Likes

If we can’t get rid of the UI, is it possible to at least move it? :frowning:

1 Like

Afraid not, its a shame really because if Roblox had used TopbarPlus for something like this occasion it would’ve looked more consistent and wouldn’t have disrupted so many games.

5 Likes

Wow. That sucks. Is it possible to change the color of it so it matches with the rest of the Topbar?

Afaik you can’t modify the BETA label in anyway, you can’t even directly check to see if it exists.

2 Likes

Dang. I wish the UI wasn’t forced on us.

Thanks for telling us :slight_smile:

Can you share some images/videos of what you mean. It sounds like what you want can already be achieved with nested dropdowns and menus.

2 Likes

How do i make the Topbar toggle open a frame
Im creating a Admin Only Topbarbutton that if you press and Admin Panel Opens

Pls show me how to script it

i’d suggest you read the post before asking that

1 Like

ok thank you very much @IConsumeCheddar

Is there any possible way that the dropdowns and side menus can have more than one selection? I’m trying to make an auto delete feature in my game with this and each dropdown button says, Common, Rare and so on. Since only 1 button can be selected at a time, only one rarity will be deleted, but I want the player to be able to auto delete more than one rarity.

Sure can! See:

i.e. do:

icon:setProperty("deselectWhenOtherIconSelected", false)

Although dropdowns/menus should automatically set this for their descendant icons so you shouldn’t have to worry about doing anything at all.

3 Likes

Hello there, I currently have Topbar in my game, and wanted to change the icon. I uploaded an image to ROBLOX, and changed the image ID but unfortunately all I received was this in-game?

This happened to me when my image was moderated, try using another image.

1 Like

I’m still a little confused on how to use this. Do we have to use a module script/scripts to be able to use the functions of the ui or is there a different way to actually make the ui that can perform the exact same functions the model provids.

Sorry if this question is unclear