ActuatorType on Constraint Deprecated?

Heya! (I dont know the proper place for this question…)

Someone pointed me that ActuatorType Constraints, will be deprecated. I cant find any info about it. I thought it was only the Surface motor/servo/etc were going to be deprecated…

I tried searching on the forum and google, but I cant find anything…
I like to use the main Constraints using ActuatorType as Servo and Motor for easy tasks.

I just can’t find any related info about being deprecated.
Where can I find this info? Or I just stop using all Constraints?..

I was unable to find any references or documentation hinting towards ActuatorType being deprecated.

1 Like

I can’t find any information as well, except for the part surfaces as you have mentioned. I believe the new constraint system is the successor to the part surface motors anyways so there should be no problem.

For example, body movers objects like BodyForce are indicated with a legacy feature

While the general constraint object has no indication if it’s deprecated or legacy so it should be fine:

2 Likes

Yup. Thats the only info about “motor/servo” related to be deprecated about…
Well, I hope someone knows more about this, if not, maybe that dev was confused, and using Constraints and ActuatorType still good practice.
Thank you @dthecoolest and @v7zr :3

2 Likes

I never heard of anything about ActuatorType being deprecated, but logically thinking it makes no sense for roblox to deprecate it anyway, so all good, probably got confused with part surfaces

1 Like

Not being deprecated! Nor will it be!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for totally clarify it :3