Add and Remove Tags from the Properties Panel [Beta]

Amazing update ! Btw does it mean i can do that ?

Local part = workspace.Part
part:AddTag("coolpart")
24 Likes

I used Tags very often so I very appreciate of this update. keep up the good work!

23 Likes

How much presents we get or is it all part of a big.1 April joke

Can we with it use the tag by Gui objects to with an script change the collors from the Gui objects with that tag

19 Likes

epic update ! We need more updates like this

21 Likes

no more copypasting scripts for every player character and objects in explorer (even though i use a single handler script for these cases)

i’ll note this down for future use in my projects, thanks!

18 Likes

And just in case you missed it: the new filtering syntax supports filtering by tags too!

26 Likes

That’s awesome! I didn’t realize that. Thanks for letting me know!

17 Likes

You could do that from a script all the time since CollectionService existed… now you can do that from the Properties panel!

11 Likes

What are the advantages to using tags for as shown, kill bricks, instead of just creating a folder filled with the kill bricks and indexing through the folder using ipairs whenever a descendant or child is touched?

13 Likes

You’re asking for too much lol

13 Likes

As a programmer who works with very confused designers, modelers, and other artists, this may be my favorite Roblox update all year.

12 Likes

It’s because for example if I have a lot of bushes, and trees, but they’re in different folders I could simply add tags and I’m then I can do whatever I want

11 Likes

Ah yes, better organization. Thanks.

10 Likes

How know chat gpt from this future

12 Likes

Finally! The old tag plugin was very janky and literally broke for me.

10 Likes

Thanks for taking time to explain the background on the delay. Great QOL feature for anyone tag based systems.

11 Likes

LOL now I can see all the tags in my game

7 Likes

Ok, this is a W

This is something I randomly brainstormed about 2 years ago when I looked at all the kill scripts in all my kill bricks, glad to see there are somewhat like-minded people over at Roblox, I was beginning to think that developers and the board were basically a different species

Big McThankies from McSpankies.

12 Likes

While you guys are working on this can we get a way to quick rename attributes? The process of clicking the cogwheel then renaming that way is kinda jank

9 Likes

LETS GO!
This update will be useful for my projects and I will tell my developers about this too.

10 Likes