Add custom Discord Rich Presence to your game with BloxstrapRPC

Opinions: This is actually really useful considering out powerful this can be for letting friends track the statistics like round, wins, and etc. (Either creeps or friends with curiosity) Even though this is only an optional extension, but cool to think about how Bloxstrap being most known unofficial launcher can give Roblox games standalone game features.

I’d like to see custom button interaction being a thing in BloxstrapRPC. For security and safety measures, in case of bad actors using the RPC though, it can be locked to official links (Roblox, YouTube) on the program.

2 Likes

LogService:ClearOutput only works in Studio for obvious reasons. Why would it even work in the client?
Even if it did, it would be too dangerous to have the log file just nuked by a simple method call

1 Like

That’s certainly possible, but I’m somewhat debating over the use cases for those, lol.

2 Likes

This is a really great addition to Bloxstrap, but isn’t there a way to avoid using print to update the presence?
One easy thought would be sending data over localhost, but i’m not sure what could be the implications for using this way. Nevermind, i forgot that HttpService doesn’t work this way.

It would be pretty useful for games with lobbies. For example there would be a button in the RPC and when you press it, it would make you join the game with custom join data (if possible, I don’t remember if roblox allows you to do that).

1 Like

This would be definitely possible thanks to Developer Deeplinking:

This would be great for joining a lobby, entering a reserved server (if the game has a custom VIP server implementation), sending an invite to join an in-game crew, etc.

1 Like

Yep, we have plans to add support for that!

3 Likes

Can you guys explain steps in a youtube video or something ?

What do you not understand from the information I provided in the original post?

3 Likes

Hello, what i meant is i don’t know how to do this that all, that why i asked for a video or somthing/steps

Add the ModuleScript to your game. Require it in a LocalScript somewhere. Use the functions provided by the ModuleScript export, and that’s about it

1 Like

How do I get Discord to detect Bloxstrap? Its not automatically detected in the “Registered Games” section. How do I fix this?

Also, what does timeStart and timeEnd do?
What is the difference between the big and small image? where are they even shown?

It should just work when you join a game. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll help figure out what’s going on.

Sets the start timestamp and the end timestamp. In the example code, I set the duration to 60 seconds, and the image, you can see it says “00:51 left”.

Did you see the example?

1 Like

Very cool that Bloxstrap can do this. Thanks!
I’ve implemented it myself into a game I work on

f1fc87de6bbef239af67fad0da4a73ea

This will be great to allow players to join directly into parties with their friends through Discord

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that small image was customisable, I thought that was just the application or executable icon.

Is there a way to make the background of the bloxstrap logo on the small icon transparent? Or does it not respect transparency?

Implemented this on LOCOfficial! in new servers, very awesome! Wished Roblox made this an officially supported feature, would be sick

image 149

image 150

image 151

image 152

image 153

image 148

14 Likes

It’s kinda just not working for me… lol

The logs are being sent to the console but me and 2 other people have tested the game and they just never show up, only the default one shows up.

When you are setting the presence to choosing a character, you are passing an rbxthumb string which it is failing to parse. It only takes a number.

1 Like

Even when I’m not doing that, it still just doesn’t work