Add WASD Support to Mobile

My request is fairly simple— add WASD support to mobile

A lot of iPads have access to a Bluetooth keyboard— mine included— and I would love to see support added for arrow keys / WASD for player movement. While minimal, not being able to use those keys at all feels like a waste and prevents usage of a critical feature of many major experiences— such as obbies.

Additionally but less important, make it so pressing “/“ on mobile still activates chat

11 Likes

Mobile already has keyboard support. At least for Android. With it not being the case on iOS, it leads me to believe that the feature is unsupported on the platform entirely and that it isn’t a Roblox issue.

However, even in Android, keyboard support is neglected. The slash key does not open the chat, camera movement is difficult, and detaching or attaching a physical keyboard crashes the app while it’s running.

2 Likes

I actually used Keyboard and Mouse for a while to play Minecraft on my phone (lol).

It is supported, the only issue is the Mouse, because it will drag the screen and close the game.

It didn’t work for Roblox, however.

1 Like

Very weird. Maybe it’s something to do with how Roblox registers the connected inputs. I’ve never viewed the documentation of the SDK so I wouldn’t know, but I do know that if Minecraft has it, Roblox can too.

1 Like

This could count as a Replication of a Topic.

1 Like

I also used a full scale Wired Keyboard on a IPhone X. :joy::sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.