Addressing the issues with troll posts and Proposed Solutions to fix them

execuse me what?

This is embarassing.

DET please wake up. I miss you.

1 Like

I know right! This is just so embarrassing. I feel like I’m at a kindergarten fight.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but you guys are now making it worse on a topic trying to solve these problems.

We as developers, are making DET work harder and they shouldn’t have to.

Let them spend some time on the metaverse with the community, rather than having to use their time on toxic posts and posts that are offtopic.

4 Likes

I suggest they add community moderators for well trusted users to help mod.

1 Like

You are right. I am sorry, I just got a little mad about it
I just don’t like it when people break TOS and get away with it…
It is like there no rules!

3 Likes

I added that solution to the thread as well as buildthomas’s and cpguy’s. Anyone else?

1 Like

Well finally all of this is finished. I’m going to read more threads now.

1 Like

Why am I not surprised, the one person on the forum who has been reported by everyone for spamming, gotten multiple threads taken down for over a week… is still spamming the one day Dev Rel gets a break and has off… Can mods just admit that they need harsher punishments for people that flood the forum with this nonsense? It shouldn’t be happening after the whole community has flagged every post he has made for days on end…

11 Likes

A moderator finally closed and unlisted the thread. Hurrah!

3 Likes

Really?? Awesome! Finally! What could we do without you DET? :slight_smile:

Surely the only reason you lot don’t like ‘troll’ posts is because it takes away from what the original post was all about, yet you are celebrating the post being taken down as a whole?

Better to take down the post as a whole then leave it there to stay

3 Likes

How? It’s just people posting jokes and having fun, please elaborate on this point

Nobody took the post seriously. There is nothing valuable in that discussion.

Do you ALSO want to be reported to DET for potentially trolling and spamming? Like please just stop… you are enabling this garbage behavior that ruins the entire forum.

1 Like

It was posted in #development-discussion, instead of #lounge. I’m not suprised you’re defending them considering YOU were involved in the trolling too.

Liking comments doesn’t count as trolling

1 Like

I suggest everyone just stops talking here… This is adding nothing but more crap for the DET to clean up. If you wish to argue about some stupid nonsense, I suggest creating a group DM.

7 Likes

It’s honestly kind of depressing to see the post that tries to get rid of troll posts trolled by users. Kind of shows you how bad things have gotten. We’re at the point where the unofficial discord devforum server is higher quality than the actual devforum.

Here’s my two cents on this:

A couple of months ago, Roblox updated the forum with more badges, tags, groups, etc. In the post, when asked about stricter moderation/ reopening promotions to regulars, they cited that they were currently working on additional, more major changes in the future (potentially in 2022?).

It isn’t at the rate I want it to happen, but Roblox is, if they’re telling the truth, working on this issue, as well as a host of other ones. I want the forum to change as well, but I’m happy to wait, and I’m interested to see what Roblox will do.

I also agree with ItsKoiske:

3 Likes