Advice for Making a Good Showcase?

Hi, I’m asking advice from fellow showcase makers on how to amp your showcase. Currently working on one but it looks bland :confused: . Aesthetics, Color, Texture, Lighting, Experience for the player, terrain, anything would be appreciated. I can’t upload screenshots of my showcase right now, but will definitely upload when I can and when it’s improved. Thanks!

edit: Thanks for the replies! They came really fast and are all very helpful, I read the TOS and forgot I couldn’t reply just saying thank you (oops). I’ll definitely implement the tips in the showcase.

3 Likes

Maybe you go check it out in this topic
it have a lot of exampe in it:

i hope this is helping out

2 Likes

If you need advice on creating a nice showcase with terrain and lighting, I can suggest you my tutorial if you need tips and help:

3 Likes

The key to making a good showcase are as follows:

1. You need to have a good concept on what your showcase will be about. If you don’t, the end result will be messy.
  2. You will need to be good at building. (duh)
  3. You will need to be able to observe things carefully and recreate them in a different way.
  4. Put details. Details don’t make the game bland, they make the game more realistic and interesting.
  5. Experiment with lighting if you plan to make your showcase’s time set at night; take Neon District as an example.
  6. Stick to a color scheme or a fixed material style. This keeps structures there related to the theme and doesn’t seem like if you just randomly built a bunch of buildings with no relation to the showcase.
  7. Try experimenting with skyboxes, fog and blur. They give an aesthetic feel.
  8. If you’re planning to do a house, put details and make it packed (but not to the extent that it feels like players are in a messy warehouse).
  9. If your showcase is set at a city, make buildings at different heights, make them unique and make them accessible. This will cost you a lot of effort, but will be worth it. Take Tokyo as an example.
  10. If your showcase is set at the countryside, experiment with terrain. If you’re good at terrain, you could make your showcase give the players a truly unique experience.

This is all I can give. Good luck on your showcase!

3 Likes

You should take a help from YouTube community because they always creates wonderful tutorials for us. I really don’t know that which of them should I recommend you, sorry!

2 Likes

I think you should use references from Google Images in that way you can improve and you should use textures and mess up with lightning to make your game little better and maybe perhaps you should use plugins which will make your game better. Sorry this was only what I could recommend you :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’ve written a post, to a topic similar to this one.

You can check it out here:

Best of luck to you, hope this helped!

Sincerely,
CrashFacts

4 Likes