After everyone leaves a server in Roblox, is it instantly removed or does it hang around for a while in case more players join?

I’m working on a tutorial world for my game that supports 1 player per server, so after the player finishes and leaves, the server they left should be empty.

I wanna know whether or not the server will be removed after the player leaves. If the server is removed instantly, then that would mean I wouldn’t have to really reset my tutorial world to the way it started, right? Otherwise, I would have to set everything up to where it could be set back to the beginning after every tutorial session.

I tested my world out on my own and left to see how quickly the server would be removed and the server was indeed gone almost instantly, but I have no idea about how this works on much larger-scale games. Are servers given higher priority in larger games or am I just overthinking this?

P.S. I know this isn’t really deep into “scripting” but I figured this was the closest possible category.

2 Likes

Related:

Servers without players are usually terminated immediately, so long as the server is able to wrap up and close up shop quickly as well. You may not have the same luck with games using inefficient codebases or slow servers.

4 Likes