Align Orientation does not allow rotating my character on the Z or X axis

I am using align orientation to rotate my character for custom movement. Part of my my movement is that the character is able to run on walls or ceilings (like a spider), however whenever i try to rotate my character on the z or x axis using the align orientation, it doesn’t work. The Y axis rotation works fine though.

I have set the Humanoid’s auto-rotate to false and i even have the original game controls disabled and have written my own but none of this works so for now i am using a body gyro, but as it is deprecated and it is a bit wonky i wanted to see if there are any fixes for the align orientation.

Thanks for your help!

Humanoids are aligned upright with a really strong torque by default, and I don’t think AlignOrientation or BodyGyro can effectively prevail.

I’d look into ControllerManager, more specifically GroundController and BalanceMaxTorque.

Maybe also explore the famous Wall stick/Gravity controller by Egomoose. Hasn’t been updated in a while but it’s a cool resource.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.