Alignment+ (Part/Model Aligner w/ Resize) Plugin

Hey guys! I created a plugin that allows you to align parts and models (along with some other features highlighted later).

Get the plugin here!

View the Twitter post for the plugin (contains a short video of its usage) here.

Watch the video tutorial on how to use the plugin here.

Features

• Align parts or models.
  • “Attach” parts or models (refer to the How to Use section for examples).
How to Use

You can align singular parts inside a model:

You can attach models to a surface or edge:

Example of putting these methods together:

Face the LookVector (of the selected part) towards the normal (of the selected surface):

Resize instead of move the part:

Polls

Here are some polls. I use these to help gauge how useful and well made the plugin is. On the polls, 1 is the worst and 5 is the best, for example, in the functionality poll 1 would be not very functional (useless in nature, too many bugs, or horrible UX) and 5 would be perfectly functional (does pretty much everything you’d want, good UX, virtually no bugs).

If you rate poorly on the functionality or visual appeal polls please let me know why, I’d love to address any issues you may have.

Rate how useful the plugin is to you.

0 voters

Rate the plugin’s functionality.

0 voters

Rate the plugin’s visual appeal.

0 voters

If you guys have any suggestions, ideas, or find any bugs then please let me know, :).

23 Likes

I’ve been using this plugin for a couple of months, and it is insanely helpful. There are just two issues I have with it.

1. When opening the information area, I noticed that there is a scroll bar with text that cannot be seen because it disappears when I take the cursor off the question mark.
Video Evidence for #1

1. It needs dark mode.

10/10 will be trying this soo. Please add a dark mode version

1 Like

Thank you for saying this, I second it. My eyes would be quite pleased if they were to add said dark mode.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the bug report! I will fix that and work on dark mode when I get some spare time, :D.

Also, I saw some people in the comments mentioning your name, thank you for recommending the plugin to them!

And thank you Chainreactionist and Teslacoil for seconding Crazed’s suggestion.

@Crazedbrick1 the bug you reported has been fixed (thank you for the report, btw), and @chainreactionist @TESLAC0IL dark mode has been added to the plugin. Thank you guys for the suggestions!

2 Likes

A new update has been released that adds a simple resize align. So instead of the part being moved, the part is resized to the face you select.

Video Example

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m trying your plugin but this not work. When I click a part the part lights up but will stay freeze and if I pass the mouse or I try to click another part nothing happen.

Is the other part you are trying to click locked? If so turn on “IncludeLockedParts”.

If this is not the issue could you please attach a repro file? Apologies for the inconvenience :(.

A bug seems to have reappeared again in 2024 that is similar to the one described in the pages description.

" 5/7/2023* Fixed a bug that randomly sprouted up a bit ago: when deselecting the tool it would completely break studio and make it so I couldn’t select any tool in studio."

It seems the settings tab has gone missing aswell.

1 Like

Thank you so much for letting me know! I just released an update that hopefully fixes your issue, :).

1 Like