Allow Creators To Easily See/Delete All Items Associated With Their Account

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see all the assets and games you can be moderated for and correct your mistakes from the past. When you create a place, even in a group, you are essentially taking all responsibility for what happens to that game if it has anything to do with DMCA claims in the moderation system’s eyes. This has personally happened to me even after 2 years of not having access to the game. I’m sure there are more places that I have created in other people’s groups this could happen to, but there’s currently no way for me to disassociate my account with these assets or delete them to avoid moderation. I cannot access them anymore since they’re in a group, and I am often unable to ask the owner of the group to delete them because no one wants to delete their group games, some of them are inactive now, and we may not be on good terms.

I have also created badges in other groups and I have found the images using the new Creator Dashboard, but there is no way to delete these assets without knowing where the badge is. Again, I also will not have access to the badge as I’m not a developer in those groups anymore since it’s been a few years. These assets are also still associated with my account and I have no control over them. Upon emailing IP content removal, they told me I have to remove them myself. When informing them I physically can not do so, they gave a response that solved nothing saying “we will remove what we can.”

There needs to be a place where creators can find all the assets their account is associated with and can be moderated for. It’s too hard to find all the places I’ve been associated with in the past few years that could possibly get my account a strike. Even if I did find them, I would be unable to request a deletion for these places and I would just be stuck with whatever happens.

This all has happened to me personally a year ago when I got a strike for somewhere named after a real hotel. I hadn’t had access for over 2 years and support refused to tell me what content was in violation. Thankfully these strikes can be removed with time, but I fear for what can happen in the future with a lack of tools to resolve issues like this. There need to be more tools to avoid having to deal with support and the copy-paste responses they give you as they’re clearly not the solution to this issue. The last thing anyone on this platform wants to deal with is the support system in place. I have also heard other stories of my friends having similar issues with their places they no longer associate with or own, and have seen groups that know they’re in violation but Roblox support refuses to help them out until the copyright holder complains.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I will not have to constantly worry about what I did 3 years ago and I will be able to put the past behind. With the current moderation system, you have no way of escaping what you did 3 years ago and to correct your actions before a takedown is requested. You often can not remember everything you created a few years ago, and even if you do you have no control over some these assets.

25 Likes