Allow for more specific Name/Description rejection reasons

As a roblox developer, it is currently too hard to understand what content in the name/description of an experience is preventing the updated text from being submitted.

For example, the content included in this screenshot is being prevented from being uploaded because I am attempting to include a link that uses http:// and not https://. While this is entirely understandable from a security perspective I wished that I knew this to begin with so I didn’t have to troubleshoot which content was causing the issue, saving myself and many other developers time.

If the issue is addressed, it would improve mine and other developer’s development experience because we would be able to understand what incriminating text is preventing the content from being updated to what we would wish to use.

If this system is used elsewhere ie. model names and descriptions then it would benefit the platform as a whole. Please let me know what you think.

63 Likes

Repeating a sentiment I had on a similar/same feature request:

7 Likes

It would be great if they highlighted at least the line or paragraph block that is tripping the filter.

13 Likes

Still not resolved lol. I still encounter this on a regular basis

3 Likes

Just encountered the issue again changing the title of a place.

I originally used: FE2CM Legacy [2018-2022]
Using this fixed the issue: FE2CM Legacy [2018 to 2022]

I’m assuming the rejection system uses the same filtering that hashes out chat messages. If we can be provided with what causes our rejection, we would no longer need to keep guessing about what goes wrong.

A guessing session can take anywhere from about 5 seconds to 15 minutes, which is abhorrent for changing a place’s title / description!!!

3 Likes

It’s such a shame that this has not been considered yet. I have had this happen since I started making games in 2019 and it’s really frustrating how you essentially have to guess. Not only does it not show you what was filtered, but it doesn’t even tell you which of the two were rejected. I hope this is implemented on behalf of all developers.

1 Like

This still happens and Roblox has done nothing. Ridiculous

1 Like

It’s so annoying. It is still happening years later. It takes so much time to just give a name to my game.

bump, Really just tell us whats the word it shouldnt be that hard

can’t believe i forgot to celebrate this posts 2nd birthday

5 Likes

They should just be reviewed by staff when that happens why do we have to deal with this, it’s preventing me from naming my game what I want.

2 Likes

Cant believe this is still an issue :confused:

Can’t roblox just tag the stuff they have problems with? that way we know whats wrong with the description

My entire game name, “Felandia”, has been filtered, and I had to temporarily rename it to “Cat Game” until Roblox fixes their filter.

And in order for me to have figured this out, I literally had to remove tiny bits of my description and title one by one to see what causes Roblox not to accept it and what is accepted.

The entire system is a mess and I hope that the user experience as a whole just generally improves in the future.

1 Like