Allow Members to post in Discussion

Intro:

Hello everyone, so I recently noticed that Members cannot post on #discussion. This seems very odd to me seeing as Discussion isn’t like a lounge category where you can post off-topic stuff. Plus Regulars already have access to the Lounge category. I believe that Discussion has some possible topics that might go beyond #help-and-feedback:game-design-support or any other relating category.

Where we’re cut off:

As Roblox increases in their purely user ran platform “new” Developers need some way to go beyond making a game. As we grow we might need help for things like off site Marketing deals like what Adopt Me! and the Warner Brothers Animation Group’s SCOOB!. We might have questions like what to ask for, how to still comply with Roblox’s TOS, etc.

Why this would this be beneficial:

Without the limit we’d be able to help Roblox grow by learning by our self taking some of the weight off of Roblox and the DevForum. There isn’t much to say other than some Regulars forget what it’s like to be a Member where you’re vary limited while having your hand held as if you cannot do what they ask for regular even if you qualify and are aware of what is expected. I would like to make a outside marketing sponsorship but I can’t ask and I’m sure other people have that same and or other questions inside their head but are stopped short of finding out.

How it would work:

I know PA has a lot on their plate but I think this would be the best idea to make them go through PA.

Final remarks:

I’ve added a vote to see who’s in favor and who isn’t. I’d just like to say with Roblox trying to become more user based this would help that process come to the platform faster and in the long run be better. The sooner we start the further we’ll go. Thanks so much for reading! :smiley:

Vote:

• I disagree
  • I agree
  • Different approach

0 voters

3 Likes

I kind of agree, but I’m scared at the same time because what if the category gets bombed just like #resources? There’d be too many low-quality posts/duplicate topics. Plus, the discussion is quite “advanced” compared to what’s going on in #help-and-feedback, so it can get in the way, really. Adding more work on the PA team would be not be feasible as well. As soon as they know that they can post there, most of them can immediately start with the low-quality posts and there’d be flood of posts to review.

1 Like

If you recall those topics are open to members to post in my solution was to make them go through PA:

This is how they stopped those topics in #resources until it was opened.

Edit:

Please read the whole topic due to the fact all of your answers have been addressed.

I’ve seen some posts made by Members get moved to #discussion in the past week. Besides that, there was some questions I was looking forward to ask the community about, but that wasn’t possible due to this restriction.

1 Like

Usually when this occurs it’s because they post in the wrong category. Which is vary unfair because a lot of people have to wait like a week to go through PA where PA tweaks their topics but these people can just skip that whole process and avoid the flag.

1 Like

Already
suggested
before.

Adding post approval back to #discussion is currently infeasible. If post approval is still having trouble with only one category (#platform-feedback) what makes you think they can add another.

Many members (80%+ that tried posting in #discussion) according to sages, were making content unfit for the category, so it had to be locked away.

Intentionally posting in the wrong category to get your post moved to the correct one to bypass post approval or any restriction put on members is against the rules and can get your post flagged.

1 Like

I mean, people keeping saying how the #resources catagory is getting such bad low quality posted, but I’ve only seen like one or two, when members were able to post in #discussion it wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

Previously, this was possible. But, according to buildthomas, 1/3 of the post requests were on the Discussion category and 80% of them were nonsense. I don’t think they’ll enable this again. Many times, #help-and-feedback:game-design-support is the most suitable category for normal members.

1 Like

when people could post there I didn’t see many bad posts even though people say that their was

1 Like

I disagree mainly because that discussion would be bombarded with a lot of duplicate questions/topics just like Carbon mentioned.

Also, I do agree this whole thing is confusing especially when topics created by members are moved to restricted categories like Lounge where they can’t access the topic but I do think discussion is a whole other step of trust and activity for Regulars.

Duplicate.
Please keep discussion focused here: