Allow mobile purchases on jailbroken devices

I think most people jailbreak with good intention, but some don’t. There could be an exploit at any point and people will be able to get unlimited ROBUX or BC and ROBLOX would never find out. This is a good precaution just to stop the malintentioned.

1 Like

Like how I root my Android devices. I don’t do harm with them. Luckily it’s super easy to temporarily disable root.

1 Like

It doesn’t stop really anyone, I know a lot of people who do have the tweak installed that makes your device look exactly like a normal unjailbroken device, most common on streaming apps that restrict usage to non-jailbroken devices. You’ll never ‘stop’ it but with the right precautions and correct produces, latest security and verifying purchases server side there should be a tiny tiny chance if not impossible for hackers to “get free Bc”

Also it’s extremely hard to hack online games on a jailbroken device, my friend did actually try numerous different methods which all failed resulting in no-free-Bc or R$

1 Like
1 Like

Relevant apple page

1 Like

[quote] Erm… a while back there was actually a thing in Cydia that allowed people to get in-app purchase-ables for free. I’m not sure if ROBLOX even had an app then, but I could completely understand why they’d do this.

If you could get in-app purchases for free, that’s essentially unlimited free R$ which can now be converted to USD. [/quote]

AFAIK that tweak only works for local purchases and not ones that are processed by a backend server.[/quote]

1 Like

They can always use receipts to verify purchases on jailbroken devices to ensure it hasn’t been tampered with AND it came from Apple

Relevant apple page
Video

1 Like

Note what I said about everything is crackable. kthx

1 Like