Alternative to welding hit-boxes?

Im trying to make a accurate hitbox detection system but I dont wanna weld a hitbox since players can just do a quick 360 with it and instantly hit anything around them. Is there any alternative to this?

You could use raycasting or Region3.
It depends mostly on what the hitbox is used for, could you provide what’s it’s use?

You can achieve hit boxes in many different ways. The idea behind a hitbox is to detect a point within a given space, find a Humanoid and afflict something upon it. These can be instant hitboxes (point needs to be in line on activation or can be over a certain duration).

Users doing 360 spins is a non-problem, even for a welded hitbox and is just a result of poor handling of the hitbox. Knowing your current implementation would help.

In other news, if you’re looking for melee hitboxes, here’s a good recommendation:

2 Likes

I’ve have read that before, the only problem with that module is it doesnt damage multiple people at once.

So I assume you’re looking for an instantaneous hitbox that’s capable of damaging several people at once? My personal go-to custom method would be to use FindPartsInRegion3WithWhiteList then, but then again I switch methods pretty frequently so this is just one of many that comes to mind.

The white list is dynamically constructed in the background via CollectionService where any and all HumanoidRootParts of NPCs are tagged. I then pass the returned table of GetTagged on that root part tag for the white list. The Region3 is constructed from a box of any kind - normally just using a temporary part to make any needed calculations.

From the array of parts returned from FindPartsInRegion3WithWhiteList, I then run through them for an associated Humanoid (no chance of scanning a Humanoid more than once since I’m only working with root parts, not any other existing limbs under an NPC). Once all Humanoids have been collected, I run through them and act a certain procedure, whether that’s damaging or some other kind of affliction.

1 Like