Alternatives to using .Touched for hit detection?

I’m trying to make a throwing system for my game which requires the tool to be thrown and when it hits another player it uses a touched event, however, I wasn’t thinking while coding this so when I went to test it in an actual game I realized that when it hits another player that player will instantly pick up the tool. I’ve tried disabling CanTouch on the handle but then the touched event will not work, so I’m kind of lost on what to do here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and have a great day/night! :smiley:

I’d recommend generally not using .Touched() as it is unreliable and exploitable. You may wanna look into Workspace:GetPartBoundsInBox() and Workspace:GetPartBoundsInRadius() for stuff like this. Alternatively, you could just use FastCast for projectile hitboxes. As for the tool being picked up, I don’t think there is a way to directly prevent it. You should probably just take the Handle out of the tool, or keep the tool in the player’s Backpack.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.